UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

One key difference between the UK & Australia, despite having a rating board system, is that the UK requires the rating to be on the disc artwork, while Australia doesn't which is why you end up with US import stock with Australian stickers on the packaging.

So its basically extra cost to bring them into the UK - cost for discs, cost for rating, and cost for artwork on the packaging.
But as the US laws don't prohibit placing the BBFC ratings on the discs, they could do this.

But is this really a more cost efficient way? For medium print runs producing own discs & packaging in Poland might be cheaper than transporting stock from the US / Mexico.

But as the US laws don't prohibit placing the BBFC ratings on the discs, they could do this.

But is this really a more cost efficient way? For medium print runs producing own discs & packaging in Poland might be cheaper than transporting stock from the US / Mexico.

might be some law against....

Kamen Rider was brought up in the last Q&A and there's word going around from informed parties that the US is struggling to get Toei to beneficially budge on it.

So those holding out for it here? Sounds like another licensing nightmare.

Apparently Crunchyroll got the rights to a new Love Live short and that franchise has essentially lived with AL. To the point where, if I recall correctly, it looked like UK wasn't getting a recent season until AL confirmed they had it.

Really does feel like the days of AL being the home of Sunrise/Bandai in the UK are ending.

Apparently Crunchyroll got the rights to a new Love Live short and that franchise has essentially lived with AL. To the point where, if I recall correctly, it looked like UK wasn't getting a recent season until AL confirmed they had it.

Really does feel like the days of AL being the home of Sunrise/Bandai in the UK are ending.

That would be very disappointing - there's just so much more from the Sunrise back catalog that I'd love to see released: Zambot 3, Xabungle, Brain Powerd, Daitarn 3, Space Runaway Ideon... while I admit that it's not particularly likely that AL will release them, it's a lot more likely than Crunchyroll doing so

That would be very disappointing - there's just so much more from the Sunrise back catalog that I'd love to see released: Zambot 3, Xabungle, Brain Powerd, Daitarn 3, Space Runaway Ideon... while I admit that it's not particularly likely that AL will release them, it's a lot more likely than Crunchyroll doing so

if i recall i think i settled on Santis Sub par release ...

While season 2 is very good and Liz works well as an extension I wouldn't call it a requirement. Liz works really well as a standalone movie.

I have heard that a lot though where possible I do personally prefer to have the most context. When I watched S1 I got through it in a day so I can see myself doing the same again with S2 as I thoroughly enjoy the series.

Thanks for the heads up though!

Back