UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Also just a heads up folks, do let me know if there's any specific upcoming products you want an update on re release dates and I will get this out before SLA. As you can imagine, we're about to enter a very busy period with the festival and One Piece so just want to make sure you're all updated! (Well... as updated as we can be with a postal strike on top of everything too 😅)
I seem to recall AL licenced the second Cardcaptor Sakura movie back around 2018. Are there plans to release that at some point now that the TV series has shipped or has it fallen into a licensing spike pit?

Second this, as well as if you guys have looked into releasing the first movie as well, as it's a Discotek release I'd like to imagine it wouldn't be to difficult but I don't know how the behind-the-scenes works when it comes to licensing much.

Also, any news on any possible Lupin releases outside of Part 6, hoping for the Koike films as it was mentioned way back that it would be the next logical step to look into around the time The Woman Called Fujiko Mine was announced.

Most likely delayed and expected end of Nov but waiting on date confirmation
  • Future Boy Conan Part 2 (4K UHD) - Nov 21
  • Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny
  • The Relative Worlds
  • Violet Evergarden the Movie (4K UHD) - Nov 14
King's Game & Tamako Market both listed as Nov 28
(all dates according to amazon uk)

Oh, got an SLA magazine in yesterday randomly, what a nice surprise ^_^
Not sure if that's cause of Unlimited or cos I bought SLA tickets but nice regardless.

Also just a heads up folks, do let me know if there's any specific upcoming products you want an update on re release dates and I will get this out before SLA. As you can imagine, we're about to enter a very busy period with the festival and One Piece so just want to make sure you're all updated! (Well... as updated as we can be with a postal strike on top of everything too 😅)
Ah My Goddess and Evangelion 3.0+1.0? 🙃:p

Destiny has been delayed again?
Disappointing to here gundan seed destiny might be delayed again but thank you for saying. That said going by a 1 to 10 of liklihood of being delayed (1 being not delayed so don't worry, 10 being absolutely delayed run like headless chickens) how likely will gundam seed destiny be delayed?
Likelihood wise - there's definitely a delay, the question is just how long of a delay (we're hoping just a week but we'll know for sure later today or tomorrow a new date for Destiny and will update folk when we can! )

Anime Ltd bought by Plaion Pictures?!?
Plaion Pictures was previously known as Koch Films. PLAION is a member of the Embracer Group.

Plaion Pictures acquires Anime Ltd.

The indie label Plaion Pictures, the film division of the Plaiongroup, has acquired 100 percent of the shares in British Anime Ltd. With the acquisition, Plaion says he wants to expand its position as a pan-European key player in the marketing and distribution of Japanese pop art content.

Anime Ltd., headquartered in Glasgow and offices in Paris and San Francisco, specializes in the marketing of Japanese animated films and series, soundtracks and merchandise products in the UK, France and the USA.

Stefan Kapelari, Managing Director Plaion Pictures: "We are very pleased to welcome the Anime Ltd. team to our group. Together, we will further expand our role as a key player in the marketing and distribution of Japanese pop art content. Together, we will become a pan-European publisher who can offer our Japanese partners a 360-degree service from marketing to distribution on all relevant channels."

Jochen Walter, Managing Director Plaion Pictures, adds: "I am particularly pleased that with this step our Plaion Pictures team is growing in the UK, and we now also have a location in France. With the support of Anime Ltd., we will also continue to expand our SVOD channel Aniverse. Our entire anime team welcomes the new colleagues!"

Nice to see AL becoming part of a bigger European effort, though interested they've been bought outright. That's open to a lot of potential readings...

As for Destiny being delayed another whole month...sigh

Back