UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

It concerns me I couldn't get review cited yet they're quoting the Express. I understand the rules of "the game" but jeebus, why associate with that rag? Can't imagine there's much crossover between their target audience and anime fans.

Can someone explain what's so funny because I don't get it?
It's because they're advertising to buy at Zavvi while showing the HMV exclusive artwork.
It's funnier (to me anyway) because they did the exact same thing last month saying 'buy it at Amazon' but also used the HMV exclusive artwork.

In my defence I have a very low bar for comedy and it's not pointed out as a dig at AL but purely as a lol moment.

Last edited:
Was anyone else surprised by how flimsy the "rigid slipcase" for the Blood C Ultimate edition felt? I'm not particularly up on terminology but rigid seems kind of a stretch 😅
Absolutely. For an ultimate edition the minimum I expect is a proper rigid chipboard case. They did them for the Perfect Blue and B:the Beginning ones and I expected the same here. Given how nice the artwork is it's a massive disappointment to have it on that flimsy case which will inevitably get damaged at some point. Just the weight of the book alone could rip it if you were moving house.

Absolutely. For an ultimate edition the minimum I expect is a proper rigid chipboard case. They did them for the Perfect Blue and B:the Beginning ones and I expected the same here. Given how nice the artwork is it's a massive disappointment to have it on that flimsy case which will inevitably get damaged at some point. Just the weight of the book alone could rip it if you were moving house.

Agreed. Also, with Blood-C being delayed several times you think Anime Limited would have had plenty time to make a rigid chipboard case.

At least the collector's edition will have a rigid chipboard case with the same artwork.

Agreed. Also, with Blood-C being delayed several times you think Anime Limited would have had plenty time to make a rigid chipboard case.
Yeah, for a premium edition that costs so much, a rigid chipboard case is the bare minimum.

Maybe we should have gotten a hint with the price when VAT was removed. Clearly nothing good was coming from that set.

yUDt61p.png

I still would have bought the UE even knowing it's not a rigid box. Now it's just a case of keeping an eye on the CE to see if it goes cheap enough to triple dip before it goes out of print.

I have finger crossed, that FedEX not destroyed my copy - its most badass shipping service that ever used. Destroyed packages, and paying a lot of money for... these stupid services. But that Evangelion Ultimate arrived in perfect condition, so it's a chance ;)

Back