UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Yeah, I'm not interested in that storyboard book at all, so I will probably just import the non-exclusive one at some point when I have 2 or 3 JP titles I need to order, to spread out the international shipping costs between them - if I do even decide to get it.

Just checking is the "The Rising of the Shield Hero 2xLP Import Vinyl Soundtrack" this week's Anime Limited Early Bird Deal or was there something else planned for today? :) I also wonder if they will release the September Newswire early to let people plan ahead, given that the 1st of September is a Thursday so unless they do that people might not get any prior warning on what next week's EB deal is? I understand that it might not be possible for them to do it that way, just something that occurred to me :)

shame it's not a re-release of Your Name in IMAX where the bass gets boosted every time RADWIMP is singing throughout the film.

That's basically what the Radwimps: Your Name Orchestra Concert Blu-ray boxset was for... They had almost an IMAX-sized screen behind Radwimps and the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra, as they played the complete soundtrack in sync with the entire movie, from start to end of credits, up on the huge screen. I made sure to import that Blu-ray from Japan the day it was released!

*Major spoilers if for some bizarre reason anyone hasn't seen the movie yet, lol:

shame it's not a re-release of Your Name in IMAX where the bass gets boosted every time RADWIMP is singing throughout the film.
It's still a bit weird that the blu ray & DVD are unavailable in a lot of places.
Makes me think with them not having released a standard 4K yet and it being the 6th? 7th? Anniversary is their licence nearly at an end?
And you know Crunchyroll are sitting in the wings like a hungry hungry hippo 🤔

Is it ok to point out a genuinely good positive (genuinely no snark intended) that there's been no delay announced for gundam seed destiny with the release week's away.

Is it ok to point out a genuinely good positive (genuinely no snark intended) that there's been no delay announced for gundam seed destiny with the release week's away.

Gundam-Lucy.jpg

I think we should all get a £15 refund on the price, since it was advertised as getting one when we ordered it... 😠

They already lost my money for the Seraph of the End CE after they pulled the OST, and I cancelled my order because of that.

Honestly, that's complete bs. You can't change descriptions after the fact and ship customers something different than what you claimed you'd have.
Yeah quite frankly it's insulting. I'm usually pretty easy going and have often felt like people give AL unfair stick for things that seem outside their control, but this whole release has been handled badly.

Back