UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

View attachment 25974
Tweeted them about it (a second time after the first time was ignored earlier in the week) and received this reply.
Who was requesting more specific info on the box? It clearly states 'rigid slipcase' that's pretty clear to me 😂

More like people saying I didn't get what was advertised and if Fallout 76 and their canvas bag fiasco had taught us anything changing the listing after the fact never works out well for the distributor from a PR standpoint.
Probably why they asked you to take it private and offline.

Who was requesting more specific info on the box? It clearly states 'rigid slipcase' that's pretty clear to me 😂

More like people saying I didn't get what was advertised and if Fallout 76 and their canvas bag fiasco had taught us anything changing the listing after the fact never works out well for the distributor from a PR standpoint.
Probably why they asked you to take it private and offline.
The Blood-C Limited Edition still states that it is going to have a rigid slipcase too.

Will it actually have one? Ridiculous that it needs to be asked but given what AL has done, I feel that we need clarification on that as well.

Link

The Blood-C Limited Edition still states that it is going to have a rigid slipcase too.

Will it actually have one? Ridiculous that it needs to be asked but given what AL has done, I feel that we need clarification on that as well.

Link
I wouldn't think we have to worry about them doing a bait and switch on their normal limited edition, they've been pretty consistent on those since day one.
I'm confident that one will be ridgid not least because the backlash would be biblical 🤷‍♂️

Link
AL are well known for having CEs that are better than their originally-announced-as-just-a-UEs, so I have every confidence the CE will be rigid.

This was screened as part of Scotland Loves Anime, and was one of the films that appeared on the short lived Screen Anime service.

I'm guessing the reason for the pricing is due to it being a combo pack, or it could be due to licensor's request.

Looks interesting but a bit pricy. Anyone familiar with the film?
It's not good. Here's what I said about it last year:

"The Relative Worlds
This had one interesting idea, but the movie's execution left me cold on just about every level. The plot stumbles from one messy development to the next, growing increasingly incoherent and picking up worn-out genre tropes as it hurtles downhill. The kernel of what could have been an interesting story ultimately ditches its strongest conflict halfway, and then contents itself with super-powered shonen fight scenes for the rest of its runtime. The director's attempts to inject pace and drama into the proceedings are continually undone by CG characters that unintentionally feel as lifeless as the intentionally uncanny cyborgs from Ghost in the Shell. Individual elements of the production (voice acting, music, direction) seem okay in isolation, but nothing gels, resulting in a weirdly detached experience that feels like a hollow imitation of a movie, a calculated average like something made by an AI.

5/10"

I actually really enjoyed The Relative Worlds when I saw it at Scotland Loves Anime a few years back. I've pre-ordered the CE already.

Umm... was it already common knowledge that AL were going to be releasing the film on BD? I didn't know about it before getting the Early Bird email. 🤔

Back