UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Not a UCE and only a 48pg book (for the series at least) I’m kinda surprised and confused when Nozomi made such an impressive book
Looks like we'll probably lose the 5+ hours of extras as well (1 Blu-ray, 3 DVD discs), since that was exclusive to the CE set in the US.

Sample of what was on there:
SD Bonus Extras From Original Japanese Release

Back when The Irresponsible Captain Tylor was originally released in a DVD Ultra Edition, there were hours upon hours of production blogs and promotional segments included as extras with the set. Upon reaching this tier, we'll ensure that all of that content is preserved and included with the Blu-ray Ultra Edition, so you're not missing out on a single thing!

Video Interview With Kenji Kawaii (Composer)

Kenji Kawai is famous for his music on works such as "Ghost in the Shell," "Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms," and "Fate/stay night." Prior to these titles, he also contributed music to The Irresponsible Captain Tylor. Upon reaching this tier, we will film and include an interview with Kenji Kawai to be included as a video extra! With luck, we may be able to discover some of the secrets behind this brilliant musical mind and learn a little about how he works his magic!

Video Interview With Hitoshi Yoshioka

Author Hitoshi Yoshioka hasn't done too many video interviews, but he's agreed to do one for us once we reach this level! We'll pick his brain and give you insight into the writings of the esteemed Tylor author, as well as a better understanding of how the Tylor project came to be!

Last edited:
While I certainly would've liked a more substantial set from AL, I have to wonder if the US would've even gotten a Captain Taylor set as impressive as they did if it weren't for the fact that that show is Shawne Kleckner's (Right Stuf/Nozomi president) favourite show of all time. No surprise they went pretty all out on it.

I only purchased the Nozomi standard releases of Irresponsible Captain Tylor, as comedy isn't really my thing. I had watched a few episodes of the series before purchasing the Blu-rays, and the humor didn't seem too overbearing for me, so I thought I'd at least try it.

Last edited:
I know this request is unlikely to happen due to various circumstances in the past, but I would like to you guys to take a look of licensing Sailor Moon on home video uncut.

Enough time has since that failed DVD release of Volume 1 in 2004 by MVM.
Sailor Moon is the not the same niche franchise as it was back in the 2000s.

It had a lot of quality of life since then from Crystal to the 90s series overhaul with the Viz Dub.

The Sailor Moon UK home video redemption arc would be nice.

Your forgot one very important aspect, when it comes down to Sailor Moon:
TOEI

Toei still has it's main focus on television airings, not on DVDs, Blu-rays or streaming, making things very hard for some distributors.
Whilest in the US things with VIZ went somehow smooth, other distributors were struggling with Sailor Moon.
e.g. almost infinite delays in Australia and Germany, no Blu-rays in Spain, France or Italy, not even Sailor Moon Crystal released physically in some of these countries despite the huge popularity - way more popular than in the UK...

If you got Toei, you don't need enemies.

Your forgot one very important aspect, when it comes down to Sailor Moon:
TOEI

Toei still has it's main focus on television airings, not on DVDs, Blu-rays or streaming, making things very hard for some distributors.
Whilest in the US things with VIZ went somehow smooth, other distributors were struggling with Sailor Moon.
e.g. almost infinite delays in Australia and Germany, no Blu-rays in Spain, France or Italy, not even Sailor Moon Crystal released physically in some of these countries despite the huge popularity - way more popular than in the UK...

If you got Toei, you don't need enemies.
Seriously, it took a bloody age for DBZ (partially dow n to the AB Groupe owning Dragon Ball up until 2007) and One Piece to come out on DVD! And even then there were the pauses because prior to Funi/Crunchyroll buyout, Jerome had trouble speaking to Toei to license the arcs after Skypeia! At least we didn't get the 4kids dub... though wouldn't mind the DiC dub for Sailor Moon

Back