UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

@anime_andrew

I've seen people ask about Yuru Camp and A Place Further Than the Universe, but I'm guessing as there's no US release it would be more difficult to release especially as there from a less popular genre.

Although you did release Amanchu! which seems similar and as far as I can tell is the only version, still haven't got round to watching it yet!
Amanchu remains one of my absolute favourite AL releases, and I would pre-order both of those other two shows in a heartbeat, and re-sub to anime unlimited in the process.

Really hope someone picks up those two at some stage, A Place Further Than the Universe in particular, although Yuru Camp seems more likely.

Amanchu remains one of my absolute favourite AL releases, and I would pre-order both of those other two shows in a heartbeat, and re-sub to anime unlimited in the process.

Really hope someone picks up those two at some stage, A Place Further Than the Universe in particular, although Yuru Camp seems more likely.
Absolutely. Day 1 purchase if there's an LE of either.

With the CCS delay I would be okay if I didn’t buy it in December paying 7 months in advance doesn’t really sit well with me. But I did know it wasn’t coming as yeah due to the amount of work it was obvious the radio silence as leading to another delay.

still holding out on AL to announce picking up the homevideo license for Dropkick on my Devil, i'm sure Nomad would like to get more money for the show to futher fund extra seasons

A collector edition blu-ray of Doan's Island is coming, with English subs. So that's likely another Gundam import edition coming.

Lack of dub likely also means Doan's Island is heading to Netflix. Boo...

Haven’t checked in for a few days, mental busy, but thanks to @anime_andrew for comments re potential Lupin III and El-Hazard In the future. Completely understand you not wanting to give anything concrete away but I’m happy enough with what I’ve heard to cancel my US pre-orders and wait to see what happens over here :)

That's pretty much AL's MO at the moment. Might throw up a tweet, might not. Depends how they're feeling 😎
Just for fun I went and checked their socials to see if they actually plug their releases...
Last time they posted on YouTube was TWO MONTHS ago.
They're pretty active on Instagram but more of as a look at these cool pics and articles as opposed to plugging their goods.
I know that sounds harsh but take a look at the All The Anime French page for the Future Boy Conan pre order they did at the same time and tell me which gets the product across better?
Twitter is a bit better or worse depending on how you look at it. (France still beats them in every aspect)
They're very active and promote some releases but you'd be forgiven for thinking the only thing they're releasing in 2022 is Belle.
They also post a lot of articles promoting series released by other companies which is kind of strange for a company trying to sell me goods as they come off more like an ANN style website 🤷‍♂️

I know i kinda s#it on them a lot and I really don't mean it in a malicious way but seriously, they really need to up their marketing!
Just look at France and do that! You're literally the same company!!

Hi Jon,

Just wanted to come on and say hey and introduce myself a lil, I’m the digital marketing coordinator at AL 👋 I just wanted to clear a few things up and be transparent with you guys since I really don’t want anyone to feel disappointed or underwhelmed with what we’re doing just now and I’m really sorry that you feel that way about our marketing.

1. Why the change - The previous style of marketing for us was far more instantly reactive which basically led to stress around forward planning and basically having staff ending up working long hours to try their best to keep on top of everything as it came in. Though it’s taken a wee while for me, our “base” content is sorted for pretty much the rest of the year (and following years) - allowing us to finally give big love to our home video releases and super exciting theatrical projects we’ve got coming up. Although AL has expanded, it is just me really behind everything social so trying to promote 300 odd titles takes a lot of project management and we don’t just want to highlight products/constantly only sell you guys stuff - to paraphrase vin diesel “we’re a community” and we absolutely want it to feel like that to.
  2. Future boy Conan - so this is an interesting one, I actually conducted some A/B tests earlier this year about what graphics drive more engagement/sales - pack shot graphic/screenshot graphic/just screenshots etc. and found that it’s pretty much equal results across the board, people just want to be notified of what’s happening. Then the question becomes do we ask our designer to do more work by creating a graphic when at the end of the day, it’ll produce the same results for us. Our designer is fab and she now has wayyyyy more time on her hands to work on our branding stuff like adorable pandas.
  3. Re France - regretfully, we’ve only recently been focussed on coordinating things such as early birds the past few months with the FR team so pre-planning our marketing ahead of time is a lil more complex than just using what our each other is doing marketing-wise as it’s localising a lot of materials. Also, the FR team and I have different styles, like all people do, but we always try and coordinate whenever we can - our Easter sale was a good run for this and (at the very least) we plan on co-ordinating all our sales in the future as a priority.
  4. Communication - Again, super my bad on this as I’m still getting to grips with everything but deffo stay tuned for an announcement in the next week or so about how we’re gonna massively ramp this up going forward!

Really sorry if you feel like this is an absolute essay and fair play if you’ve even made it to the end! But again, just want to reiterate that I really don’t want you guys to feel disappointed. I’m on here now and also on the discord so always feel free to tag me and ask me anything - I’ll always try my absolute best to answer what I can!

Love, Demi x

Last edited:
Hi Jon,

Just wanted to come on and say hey and introduce myself a lil, I’m the digital marketing coordinator at AL 👋 I just wanted to clear a few things up and be transparent with you guys since I really don’t want anyone to feel disappointed or underwhelmed with what we’re doing just now and I’m really sorry that you feel that way about our marketing.

1. Why the change - The previous style of marketing for us was far more instantly reactive which basically led to stress around forward planning and basically having staff ending up working long hours to try their best to keep on top of everything as it came in. Though it’s taken a wee while for me, our “base” content is sorted for pretty much the rest of the year (and following years) - allowing us to finally give big love to our home video releases and super exciting theatrical projects we’ve got coming up. Although AL has expanded, it is just me really behind everything social so trying to promote 300 odd titles takes a lot of project management and we don’t just want to highlight products/constantly only sell you guys stuff - to paraphrase vin diesel “we’re a community” and we absolutely want it to feel like that to.
  2. Future boy Conan - so this is an interesting one, I actually conducted some A/B tests earlier this year about what graphics drive more engagement/sales - pack shot graphic/screenshot graphic/just screenshots etc. and found that it’s pretty much equal results across the board, people just want to be notified of what’s happening. Then the question becomes do we ask our designer to do more work by creating a graphic when at the end of the day, it’ll produce the same results for us. Our designer is fab and she now has wayyyyy more time on her hands to work on our branding stuff like adorable pandas.
  3. Re France - regretfully, we’ve only recently been focussed on coordinating things such as early birds the past few months with the FR team so pre-planning our marketing ahead of time is a lil more complex than just using what our each other is doing marketing-wise as it’s localising a lot of materials. Also, the FR team and I have different styles, like all people do, but we always try and coordinate whenever we can - our Easter sale was a good run for this and (at the very least) we plan on co-ordinating all our sales in the future as a priority.
  4. Communication - Again, super my bad on this as I’m still getting to grips with everything but deffo stay tuned for an announcement in the next week or so about how we’re gonna massively ramp this up going forward!

Really sorry if you feel like this is an absolute essay and fair play if you’ve even made it to the end! But again, just want to reiterate that I really don’t want you guys to feel disappointed. I’m on here now and also on the discord so always feel free to tag me and ask me anything - I’ll always try my absolute best to answer what I can!

Love, Demi x
Thanks for that. It's always interesting to get a peek behind the curtain.

Since you folks are releasing some very old titles like Future Boy Conan, is it possible to look into stuff like Rose Of Versailles and Dear Brother for a UK release.

I know the folks at AL France currently have the home video release of Rose of Versailles and it would be nice to grab it.
Also Dear Brother before or even after Discotek release expires?

Re Tower of God - there's certainly interest on my side here - I loved the series and it's one of the CR Originals so I'd love to see what kind of materials lurked to make a nice edition for it...
Ah, that's nice to hear. Any interest means there is a chance. Far better than knowing there isn't a shot, so I'll take what hope I can get here. The standard edition is alright, it at least had something rather than being locked behind their platform like I initially feared, but it was one of those shows I wished had done a little more with its home video release.
Series may not be as faithful to the webtoon but it's a show that became an absolute favourite from the first few episodes. The artstyle worked well I felt with it, and while it may have a lot of cut content from what I hear as a standalone adaptation (one of the first webtoon adaptations) that didn't know whether it would get a second season, it did a very good job.

Yeah I think Detective Conan could have appeal in the UK market. It's basically like an anime take on Midsomer Murders and Agatha Christie with a hint of Inspector Gadget

Yeah I think Detective Conan could have appeal in the UK market. It's basically like an anime take on Midsomer Murders and Agatha Christie with a hint of Inspector Gadget
I showed it to my little brother who was about 8/9 at the time, and he was obsessed with it afterwards, the subs didn't bother him at all.

It's educational + fun for kids, whilst being smartly written enough for the older audience too. It's got everything imo.

Last edited:
Back