UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Regarding Blood C, for those who pre-ordered it like I did, I checked the product page, and the release date is now 18th July.

I liked your comment about the new date for Blood C, but I'm not liking the news. :mad:

I had just checked the product page two days ago, and it was still set for the old date of April 18.

So, tentatively October 2023, then...

O ye of little faith (but long experience of disappointment in release dates). 🦖
I thought they would be hyping it up more videos with the new scan etc getting the newer (as it’s a few years old can’t call it new now) JP scan and changing the subs from NISA, I did think it would have been getting a big campaign but if it is truly coming out on the 23rd it will be with a whimper and not a bang,

I thought they would be hyping it up more videos with the new scan etc getting the newer (as it’s a few years old can’t call it new now) JP scan and changing the subs from NISA, I did think it would have been getting a big campaign but if it is truly coming out on the 23rd it will be with a whimper and not a bang,
That's pretty much AL's MO at the moment. Might throw up a tweet, might not. Depends how they're feeling 😎
Just for fun I went and checked their socials to see if they actually plug their releases...
Last time they posted on YouTube was TWO MONTHS ago.
They're pretty active on Instagram but more of as a look at these cool pics and articles as opposed to plugging their goods.
I know that sounds harsh but take a look at the All The Anime French page for the Future Boy Conan pre order they did at the same time and tell me which gets the product across better?
Screenshot_20220512-224128_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220512-223756_Instagram.jpg
Twitter is a bit better or worse depending on how you look at it. (France still beats them in every aspect)
They're very active and promote some releases but you'd be forgiven for thinking the only thing they're releasing in 2022 is Belle.
They also post a lot of articles promoting series released by other companies which is kind of strange for a company trying to sell me goods as they come off more like an ANN style website 🤷‍♂️

I know i kinda s#it on them a lot and I really don't mean it in a malicious way but seriously, they really need to up their marketing!
Just look at France and do that! You're literally the same company!!

That's pretty much AL's MO at the moment. Might throw up a tweet, might not. Depends how they're feeling 😎
Just for fun I went and checked their socials to see if they actually plug their releases...
Last time they posted on YouTube was TWO MONTHS ago.
They're pretty active on Instagram but more of as a look at these cool pics and articles as opposed to plugging their goods.
I know that sounds harsh but take a look at the All The Anime French page for the Future Boy Conan pre order they did at the same time and tell me which gets the product across better?
Twitter is a bit better or worse depending on how you look at it. (France still beats them in every aspect)
They're very active and promote some releases but you'd be forgiven for thinking the only thing they're releasing in 2022 is Belle.
They also post a lot of articles promoting series released by other companies which is kind of strange for a company trying to sell me goods as they come off more like an ANN style website 🤷‍♂️

I know i kinda s#it on them a lot and I really don't mean it in a malicious way but seriously, they really need to up their marketing!
Just look at France and do that! You're literally the same company!!
From the looks of it, ever since Jeremy had left, the social media and marketing side had taken a downturn. Heck Anime Ltd this year in general has been a wimper than a bang in a lot of areas.

They can make up for it if they give us a whole month dedicated to Gundam early birds though

From the looks of it, ever since Jeremy had left, the social media and marketing side had taken a downturn. Heck Anime Ltd this year in general has been a wimper than a bang in a lot of areas.

They can make up for it if they give us a whole month dedicated to Gundam early birds though
Yeah I noticed as soon as he left it all kinda dropped off.
It's not that they don't post they just don't post relevant things to what they're selling!
End of the day if you're trying to sell something, show the product! If I was scrolling Instagram and saw 99% of their posts I wouldn't have a clue they were an anime distributor 🤷‍♂️

Now this is gonna feel like I'm really putting the boot in but Future Boy part 1 & Cardcaptor Sakura are both out in a week so updates on them would be good.
After going threw their site it looks like no one's updating most aspects at all which really isn't a good sign....
Screenshot_20220513-003702_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220513-003707_Chrome.jpg
On the plus side they have updated the In/Spectre artwork. Though it does still say its an April 16th release date...

Really starting to think Jeremy was the only one holding that site together! or ran off with the log in details 😂

just give us
Now this is gonna feel like I'm really putting the boot in but Future Boy part 1 & Cardcaptor Sakura are both out in a week so updates on them would be good.
After going threw their site it looks like no one's updating most aspects at all which really isn't a good sign....
On the plus side they have updated the In/Spectre artwork. Though it does still say its an April 16th release date...

Really starting to think Jeremy was the only one holding that site together! or ran off with the log in details 😂
i noticed the site being a bit outdated when the easter sale happened, i had to go the long way round to find out what were in the various sales, iirc i'm sure i had to do this at christmas too

Does anyone know if the Anime Unlimited membership automatically renews?

I started my membership at the beginning of June last year but I don't want another year of it, so I don't want them to charge me in a few weeks.

I can't find anything about it on the website - so either it's somewhere I haven't thought to look or they forgot about it 😅

I started my membership at the beginning of June last year but I don't want another year of it, so I don't want them to charge me in a few weeks.

I can't find anything about it on the website - so either it's somewhere I haven't thought to look or they forgot about it 😅
I was actually just thinking about this myself. Surely we are coming up to renewal time?

If you go to My Account there's a link right at the top of the page that says Manage Subscriptions. That's where you can sort it out.

Seems that way. And yet last year they hired that marketing guy from Crunchyroll who, on his LinkedIn, calls himself a "Global anime marketing leader". Maybe he's doing some good work somewhere but we're not seeing much of it.

Maybe it's just my natural pessimism, but it feels like the whole UK anime industry is not in the best place after Sony stomped in and consumed everything.

Back