UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Full honesty, title delays like CCS really make me question if AL are spreading themselves too thin. There's been new ventures popping up but simultaneously title delays continue. I do genuinely want to support them but when they keep delaying Blu-rays, the founding point of the company, it does rather suggest they're trying to do more than they can actually cope with.
I don’t feel the delays are as bad as they were a few years ago yes they did really improve then slip down again but I do think I wouldn’t be as forgiving if it wasn’t something they are making new discs and new subs for even though 2 over a month delays is pretty bad.

Even though i like JJK, £45 is just too much. I'll be getting the single instead.

What's with collectors sets getting more expensive? Not a fan of this trend.

The OST is there so that adds at least £5 to the set. Plus a digipack so i think 45 pound is about fair.

I'm not a fan of JJK so i wont get it - but i would much rather AL do include these things in their sets. So for the series that I do like, they havent excluded items that you would want just to lower the price.

I think people just need to be a little bit more selective in what they buy.

The OST is there so that adds at least £5 to the set. Plus a digipack so i think 45 pound is about fair.

I'm not a fan of JJK so i wont get it - but i would much rather AL do include these things in their sets. So for the series that I do like, they havent excluded items that you would want just to lower the price.

Yeah everything you say makes perfect sense.

Maybe it's just me, but I value much more any bts extras on the discs themselves than any physical bonuses like ost's or books etc.

Last edited:

By and large, I agree with this sentiment too, I wouldn't mind paying £45 for a series I liked more than JJK and if I was paying that kind of money then I appreciate having all the available extras rather than AL picking and choosing just so the price stays lower overall.

Plus I'm already selective to the point where I rarely buy anime anyways, so when the sets I do see as must-haves come along I don't mind dropping as much on them.

Generally speaking the main put off for JJK for me is that it is a long-running shounen manga which I'm sure will translate into long-running(ish) anime that is then quite expensive overall vs the amount I'd want to rewatch it. I just don't value it enough against that price tag, so I'm happy that there is a standard available fairly early on for when I do decide to take the plunge there instead. I think having the standards available around the same time is the most we can ask for to help buyers choose to spend their money however they want. :)

On the subject of delays - frankly, the products we get at the end of it are worthwhile and since we pay upfront and you're not having to constantly reevaluate your budget because of the dates moving means I don't have any real complaints there. It might take a while but the products always turn up in the end and I think we'd all be far more upset if AL did hit the original dates and then we found the products to have a lot of issues, this is especially true of something as expensive as CCS which would not be an easy fix if there were issues I'd imagine.

JJK? YES!
I was wondering when this might hit, and who it would be with. I knew Crunchyroll had the rights for home release but who they would then allow to release it with I didn't know, but considering Anime Limited had In/spectre I figured they had a good chance. And with the soundtrack too? Oh that's brilliant.

JJK? YES!
I was wondering when this might hit, and who it would be with. I knew Crunchyroll had the rights for home release but who they would then allow to release it with I didn't know, but considering Anime Limited had In/spectre I figured they had a good chance. And with the soundtrack too? Oh that's brilliant.
Especially with Sony now owning them and owning what was Manga UK!! It's weird enough that some of the more recent MVM releases have Funi's logo on some of their properties

I'm liking the design of the CE but why does the artbox say 'part 1' shouldn't it be season 1?
Or are they doing an Attack On Titan / My Hero Academia where each part has its own artbox instead of both parts in one box... please no...

I'm liking the design of the CE but why does the artbox say 'part 1' shouldn't it be season 1?
Or are they doing an Attack On Titan / My Hero Academia where each part has its own artbox instead of both parts in one box... please no...
Yeah looks like it's 2 parts with their own boxes (although I guess we can hope for a storage box for both parts with Part 2). Can't say I'm a fan of that either, also someone pointed out the font used for the logo isn't the normal one you see and now I can't unsee it lol I'm sure there's a reason for them not using the normal logo but it just looks off.

Last edited:
Basically the box is bigger than it looks, so blame the way it was scaled.

I suspect size-wise it'll be the same as Ajin: Demi-Human & Planetes CEs.

Especially with Sony now owning them and owning what was Manga UK!! It's weird enough that some of the more recent MVM releases have Funi's logo on some of their properties

Yeah, that does make it weird for how releases may work. It may be that Sony releases some stuff under the Funimation name and lets others go to others, mainly due to costs with doing the work on too many at once so basically outsourcing some, but for that I would expect it for good yet not as popular anime. Ones without mass appeal. I can't see them giving up Demon Slayer after all, so Jujutsu Kaisen was a surprise.

Generally speaking the main put off for JJK for me is that it is a long-running shounen manga which I'm sure will translate into long-running(ish) anime that is then quite expensive overall vs the amount I'd want to rewatch it.
This was half the reason why I bounced off the series after one episode. The other half is that its setup and characterisation draws so heavily from the stock Shonen Jump playbook of tactical mediocrity, and I think I've had enough of that to last a lifetime. These stories are like popcorn; there's the occasional burst of flavour, but most individual pieces are so bland that you have to keep munching through them to feel remotely satisfied.

Everything about it struck me like a reskinned Bleach with flashy animation.

Yeah looks like it's 2 parts with their own boxes (although I guess we can hope for a storage box for both parts with Part 2). Can't say I'm a fan of that either, also someone pointed out the font used for the logo isn't the normal one you see and now I can't unsee it lol I'm sure there's a reason for them not using the normal logo but it just looks off.
Yes! That logo jumped out at me too!
It seems more noticeable on the std blu ray to me for some weird reason.
I saw it, paused a second, then thought 'hang on that's just times new roman!' 😂

This was half the reason why I bounced off the series after one episode. The other half is that its setup and characterisation draws so heavily from the stock Shonen Jump playbook of tactical mediocrity, and I think I've had enough of that to last a lifetime. These stories are like popcorn; there's the occasional burst of flavour, but most individual pieces are so bland that you have to keep munching through them to feel remotely satisfied.

Everything about it struck me like a reskinned Bleach with flashy animation.
Second this. I would only replace "Bleach" with "Naruto". Since there are more similarities between the two.
A Team Konoha copy, team leader looks like Kakashi, main character has a "demon" inside of him and after 5 or so episodes they do a whole Chunin exam arc.
Just another generic shounen filled with frequent poor comedic interludes that undermine it even more.

Why is there no shounen out there that's even half as good as ATLA?

I don’t feel the delays are as bad as they were a few years ago yes they did really improve then slip down again but I do think I wouldn’t be as forgiving if it wasn’t something they are making new discs and new subs for even though 2 over a month delays is pretty bad.
I won't fault them for creating releases from the ground up or trying to branch out, especially in the face of Sony trying to monopolise the anime market. But there is a sense AL trying to do too much and failing for it. I don't wish them ill but they wouldn't be the first western anime company to set their sights too big.

I want to support them and many of their staff have stuck their necks out for me. But in a business/fandom sense, it's hard not to worry.

I think AL are all right. Delays are part of their DNA.

My observation is that they're wildly optimistic with release dates. CCS, for example, was announced in December for release in... January/February? Call my cynical (go on, I dare you) but they must have known that wasn't going to happen. I guess "it's coming next month" is more likely to get people opening their wallets than "it's coming late May, maybe". Happened many times with many early birds.

And they're usually worth the wait. Got Black Lagoon and Josee from UP last week and they're both outstanding releases. I just wish they'd give us realistic dates.

Why is there no shounen out there that's even half as good as ATLA?

I'd say Fullmetal Alchemist is (personally I loved both anime of that), and while I haven't seen all of Hunter X Hunter (2011) I'd rate what I have seen of that very highly too (will be able to give a more informed opinion soon as I'm planning to buy and watch the whole thing). But you make a valid point generally (I assume you're referring to Avatar: The Last Airbender, which yes I agree is a great series). I think a lot of popular shonen do have something of value to offer, and I appreciate a bit of levity so I'm not necessarily put off by humor, sometimes it's just a case of adaptations ruined by filler tbf. I liked Naruto a lot from what I saw it's just sad it goes off the rails with filler and stuff eventually.

Heard the shows name a lot but haven't seen it yet, what kind of show is it?

Maybe part 2 includes another ost disc?

Yeah I hope so, it did occur to me that there might be and that would prob be pretty awesome... tbh I haven't seen the show but I quite enjoy shonen series sometimes so I at least wanted to try it and the OST convinced me to buy the CE :) Haven't bought masses lately so I can afford it :)

Having some shocking luck lately, ordered Gotham season 1 to replace the case on my fmp IV that arrived cracked and this case is cracked even worse, are viva elite cases a mistake?
F5E55173-782E-430C-A23E-5BE7DA534DC9.jpeg

Back