UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Talking about universal, I wonder if they would be able to licence The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt. It starts with the universal logo and then the Funimation. So i wonder who it will go through?

Talking about universal, I wonder if they would be able to licence The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt. It starts with the universal logo and then the Funimation. So i wonder who it will go through?
Crunchyroll will be handling that one (surprisingly enjoyable show as well).

Since Arslan and Seraph were picked up by Universal UK, Funi only had the other territories instead. That said Anime Limited rescuing those two series does make sense since they did acquire the streaming rights very early on. I am expecting Anime Limited will rescue Drifters and maybe the 2016 BERSERK series along the way and then that would be it.

Considering the trainwreck that's going to happen from here on with Crunchyroll, I do hope Anime Limited is able to acquire UK/IE rights even if a series (any in particular) is going to be with Crunchyroll for the US/CA otherwise we'll be losing out on a lot of shows for home video.

Yeah, Robert Woodhead found the original master for this, Project AKO, Golden Boy and a few others while retrieving the film elements for Madox.

These elements were previously believed to be lost iirc, if only someone would get lucky and find Perfect Blue.
Damn I guess I will need to rebuy it and swap the discs out of my CE

Can anyone detail more info on the magazine that comes with the anime unlimited membership?
I can’t find any info on what’s inside or how often it’s released? I’ve been a member since Dec and have no idea if I’ve missed an issue?

Can anyone detail more info on the magazine that comes with the anime unlimited membership?
I can’t find any info on what’s inside or how often it’s released? I’ve been a member since Dec and have no idea if I’ve missed an issue?
I'm pretty sure it was the Scotland Loves Anime magazine about last year's festival. So expect its once a year and later this year when the next SLA gets underway you'll get one for 2022

I'm pretty sure it was the Scotland Loves Anime magazine about last year's festival. So expect its once a year and later this year when the next SLA gets underway you'll get one for 2022
I was wondering if that was the only one; it doesn’t quite fit the definition, being event related rather than subscription related. I’d picked one up earlier anyway, so simply ended up with an extra.
Other items promised in the anime-unlimited advert and description haven’t really materialised; I’ve seen absolutely zero extra offers, so it literally is a 10% off normal items (plus the one-time extra 5% at xmas)

Arslan Early Bird is up

In terms of the physicals, it's not a patch on Universal's 2 part release, although there was a lot of tat to get through before you got to the larger books.

Still, I expect the subtitling on what I assume are the Funimaton sourced discs will be better than Universal's efforts. (they couldn't do simultaneous subs and text translations)

Just received a 15% one use discount code for the AL Easter Sale event that starts tomorrow, for subscribers to Anime Unlimited (the sale's for everyone I mean that the code is exclusive to subscribers). So basically the exact same as the Xmas code we were given :) I don't know how much I will spend or if I even will buy anything at all during the upcoming Easter sale as I have been quite extravagant this month already and I have most Anime Limited releases that I really want, but we shall see, I do appreciate being given another discount code and it has made me more likely to place one small order :)

I was also wondering, can the usual or sale discount codes for Anime Unlimited subscribers be used for manga and LNs now that AL are selling them as well, or only for DVDs, Blu-rays and CDs? (I don't remember if you can use them for vinyl as I don't buy vinyl myself) :)

Back