UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Been so long since Robertas Blood Trail first came out. I wonder if they will ever do another short season what with there being more than enough material from the manga?
I'd say nothings impossible especially with older series getting long overdue sequels like Devil is a Part-Timer, Tiger & Bunny and even Inferno Cop.

I'm sure more Black Lagoon is right around the corner right after more No Game No Life.......... 🙃

According to a new trailer the final 2 Reconguista in G movies are releasing in Japan July and August respectively. I assume with COVID having delayed these midrelease they just want them done.

Regardless, I guess we can expect the import editions from AL come autumn.

I see that GKIDS have announced they're releasing a new restoration of Takahata and Miyazaki's Panda! Go, Panda! I wouldn't be surprised to see AL pick it up, since they're doing Future Boy Conan as well.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of Panda, Go Panda! - while it's undoubtedly a beta (or alpha) test of Totoro, it's probably the least consequential of their early works and I'd much sooner see Chie the Brat or Gauche the Cellist (or, especially, the Heidi / Anne / Marco series) but I'll still take it!

I got one too. Unfortunate but I was expecting delays considering how long the series is, QC must be a pretty big job.
I would have thought getting it BBFC classified was what was holding it up but that was completed in December and took 2 months for all three seasons to be done.

69u31c.jpg

I have also ordered it, can't say I'm thrilled about the price but I still had a £11 off code from when I returned my damaged Eva UE which brought it down to something more reasonable.

Full honesty, title delays like CCS really make me question if AL are spreading themselves too thin. There's been new ventures popping up but simultaneously title delays continue. I do genuinely want to support them but when they keep delaying Blu-rays, the founding point of the company, it does rather suggest they're trying to do more than they can actually cope with.

Nice to see the series in good hands but I think £45 is too much for how much I like that show. I’ll probably wait for a further discount or just pick up a standard release at some point instead.

Nice to see the series in good hands but I think £45 is too much for how much I like that show. I’ll probably wait for a further discount or just pick up a standard release at some point instead.
The standard is up for £20 already so at least we have the choice early.

Back