UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I already have a replacement disc ordered through GKids for my US Evangelion Ultimate Edition, but I purchased my UK CE set from Zavvi... I would like to have a replacement disc for it as well - not because I need to watch that clip, as I never watch any on-disc extras at all - but mainly just for re-sale value. I'm old and will need to seriously consider selling some of my anime collection off within the next 10 years or so, as I ain't going to be around forever.

I imagine AL are currently trying to figure things out themselves regarding the replacement discs. I won't expect them to comment until they figure out the logistics.

I received confirmation from Zavvi earlier this morning that they will not be instigating / offering a replacement disc scheme at the moment.
Finally heard from AL.

If like me you had purchased NGE from Zavvi then you need to complete the form (see link below) and AL will then contact you via email asking for further details.

AL is currently compiling a list of people who have requested replacement discs.

Last edited:
Finally heard from AL.

If you had purchased NGE from Zavvi then you need to complete the contact form and AL will then contact you via email

AL is currently compiling a list of people who have requested replacement discs.
Thanks for the heads up!

Situation's pretty ridiculous though. I shouldn't have to hear about this scheme from a forum post rather than their official channels. A blog post would be great.

Thanks for the heads up!

Situation's pretty ridiculous though. I shouldn't have to hear about this scheme from a forum post rather than their official channels. A blog post would be great.
I hear you.

Just to say that I have received confirmation from AL today that my details have been added to the replacement disc scheme.

Thanks for the heads up!

Here is what I received in email today as a reply regarding my purchase of the CE boxset at Zavvi:

Hi Troy,

Thanks for getting in contact with us.

We are aware of a subs issue on some copies of disc 5. We are manufacturing new discs and will offer replacements to those who have flagged an issue with theirs. If you would like to be added to the list for when these are available, please get back to us with the following details:
  • Order number
  • Full name
  • Shipping address
  • Proof of purchase from other retailers (Zavvi order confirmation email is fine!)

Kind regards,
Lauren

I was under the impression that all of them were missing the subtitles for that one clip, from what I've been hearing on the US side. That wording by AL is probably just them still trying to play down the issue.

Back