UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

It's rather interesting that Inuyasha got a early standard edition treatment before SAO War Of Underworld as well Magic Knight Rayearth and Angelic Layer, the latter had been out of print for a while.
ANI0636InuyashaBD-standard_3D_x1024.png

Yeah, after the first episode I really thought it was going to be an interesting watch then after 2 short stories the rest was one long arc with the characters talking tactics over and over again with one episode of them just in a hotel room and another sat in a car. I was surprised to find out it was a manga adaptation and not a LN adaptation with how much talking and how little action there was! Needless to say it was boring as sin! I gave it a 5.

The anime is adapted from the manga but it's a novel series originally.

There's interviews popping up in mainstream press with Hosoda to promote Belle but I don't recall hearing anything. Was this a case where a junket was organised but only for mainstream names?

Any guesses what the Early Birds will be?
We know that Gundam is still many weeks away so I suspect what we'll likely have are either one of the following:
  • Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna
  • Future Boy Conan 4K Ultra HD Part 1
  • Kakegurui XX
  • Lupin the Third Part 5
  • (1-2 surprise licenses by my guess, perhaps one from an existing Crunchyroll deal)

We know that Gundam is still many weeks away so I suspect what we'll likely have are either one of the following:
  • Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna
  • Future Boy Conan 4K Ultra HD Part 1
  • Kakegurui XX
  • Lupin the Third Part 5
  • (1-2 surprise licenses by my guess, perhaps one from an existing Crunchyroll deal)

Why is Digimon an option here? I didn't think they had the licence for that.

SEED Destiny will likely come first. I believe there's a few more planned but we don't know which ones it'll be.

I was wondering if there's a big reason (other than BBFC fees) why they haven't released 08th MS Team yet. Of the series which haven't been classified before it's probably the most popular, and it's rather short.

The big one I'm wondering about is Ascendence of a Bookwork, the licence was announced in 2020 and is now over a year since Sentai released it yet there has been no word on it since the announcement. Would have really expected this to be out the door by now, especially with season 2 starting in April.

Back