UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

G Reco movie 3 dispatched on Friday. It's been sat at delivery depot all weekend with a promise of delivery today but per tracking hasn't gone out.

I need either looser expectations or a new hobby.

G Reco movie 3 dispatched on Friday. It's been sat at delivery depot all weekend with a promise of delivery today but per tracking hasn't gone out.

I need either looser expectations or a new hobby.
My tracking says it’s out for delivery. Seems my fedex depot is better than yours in updating tracking.

although once I did have something that didnt go out for delivery until about 11:30, I must have been first on the list as it arrived 1 hour later.

My tracking says it’s out for delivery. Seems my fedex depot is better than yours in updating tracking.

although once I did have something that didnt go out for delivery until about 11:30, I must have been first on the list as it arrived 1 hour later.
I've really hit a wall with the reliance on couriers in being a UK anime fan. Last month FedEx messed me around with Hathaway and had to chase up Parcelforce multiple times over an AmiAmi parcel I paid customs on but didn't go out as promised twice.

After doing this for 2 decades it's too many headaches. The custom taxes, courier systems not connecting, etc. Hobbies aren't supposed to be this stressful.

I've really hit a wall with the reliance on couriers in being a UK anime fan. Last month FedEx messed me around with Hathaway and had to chase up Parcelforce multiple times over an AmiAmi parcel I paid customs on but didn't go out as promised twice.

After doing this for 2 decades it's too many headaches. The custom taxes, courier systems not connecting, etc. Hobbies aren't supposed to be this stressful.
Must be my area as I have no problems with any of the couriers. Getting to know the fedex man as it’s always the same guy. Hermes driver lives in our close and we’ve had the same postie for years. With amiami I try and use shipping that goes through RM (EMS is always PF over here).

No Reco movie 3 and no response from FedEx customer service despite contacting them at 9am.

Duck me, it better come tomorrow.
FedEx's tracking can be pretty misleading. My Eva UE was marked as out for delivery every day for almost a week before they finally delivered it. Each morning it was loaded on a van, trundled around all day, and was returned to the depot in the evening. When I asked them about this they confirmed that they don't prioritise delayed items, meaning if your address is at the end of their delivery route then they might only get round to you on a quiet day, however long that takes.

Before I import the Discoteks, I don't suppose there's been any whispers about AL picking up the Urusei Yatsura movies?
I wouldn't count out someone picking them up sooner or later as I'm pretty sure they're already BBFC'd (by MVM) and not owned by Funimangle and pickings are slim for the small boys.

The only question is how soon or how late...

FedEx's tracking can be pretty misleading. My Eva UE was marked as out for delivery every day for almost a week before they finally delivered it. Each morning it was loaded on a van, trundled around all day, and was returned to the depot in the evening. When I asked them about this they confirmed that they don't prioritise delayed items, meaning if your address is at the end of their delivery route then they might only get round to you on a quiet day, however long that takes.
01+Amuro+lost.jpg

Got dispatch for El-Hazard

Did you order that with anything else or on its own? Waiting on dispatch notice for Silver Spoon, which is in stock at Amazon, but wonder if Boogiepop holding it up.

I got dispatch early this morning for the El Hazard CE as well, international to the US, and it was in one of my 12 Days pre-orders along with the Kakegurui CE and Boogiepop CE. I guess AtA are going to ship out all the pre-order CEs one at a time, as they set all of them to have different release dates a week apart - barring any delays, of course.

About Fedex, my parcel from Right Stuf arrived in the depot nearest me friday new year's eve, late the following monday night it's status was updated to "Clearance delay - Import / Clearance instructions from the importer are required.", I tried contacting them via email and didn't even get an acknowledgement, absolutely no movement on it by friday so I tried emailing Right Stuf themselves, they pretty much said that they've seen this happen quite a bit, there isn't actually any issue with it, it's just sitting on a shelf somewhere, delayed while Fedex prioritize other stuff, they said they'd contact their Fedex rep and ask them to contact the depot and get it moving again.

That was late friday night, and sure enough if it was on a delivery truck early this morning (monday) and delivered before noon, and I've already received another email from Right Stuf saying their rep got back to them saying it was delivered, and them asking me to get back to them and confirm everything is ok.

Sorry, long winded, my point is we are not actually the courier's customers, Right Stuf or AllTheAnime are, and I'm fairly certain Fedex in particular consider deliveries to domestic addresses low priority, if you really want them to get a move on you'll probably have much better luck going through who you ordered the stuff from rather than trying Fedex themselves (who still haven't gotten back to me from when I emailed them myself :p ).

Also, Right Stuf are awesome. ;)

On a totally unrelated note, was there no early bird offer for the 4k release of Your Name, or did I just miss it somehow?

Back