UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Hahaha no cuz that's inconsiderate and has logistical issues involved XD But you did make me laugh!

Lol, in my case my elderly parents live with me, so I can't even order sex toys online and have them delivered to the house... 😭 🤫

j/k! - it's bad enough they see how many packages of anime I get in the mail; I try to sneak as many packages as I can through the garage and into my basement theater room where all my anime shelves are!

Last edited:
Lol, in my case my elderly parents live with me, so I can't even order sex toys online and have them delivered to the house... 😭 🤫

j/k! - it's bad enough they see how many packages of anime I get in the mail; I try to sneak as many packages as I can through the garage and into my basement theater room where all my anime shelves are!

smirk-evil.gif

-laughs in basement dwelling weeaboo-

I wouldn't mind an anime paradise cave meself.......

I rewatched Cowboy Bebop this week after many years. I still own the very first limited edition releases, no replacement discs. What bothered me a bit was that there are no chapter stops after the OP and ED for part 1 and only after the OP for part 2. Was this updated in the replacement discs and the standard edition? I may buy it again for the discs if they have proper chapter stops.

I stopped buying French and Belgian releases a long time ago, because the Dutch translation was often subpar (especially with Dybex and Kaze). I rather have good English subs without chapter stops than mediocre Dutch subs with chapter stops. Only the first 8 episodes is bad enough for me.

I can sympathize with that.

Here are some examples of translation problems that I remember:

SPcwEnv.png

Literal translation of French expression "vider son sac" (literally "to empty your bag". English equivalent: to get (something) off one's chest). In English subs translated as "Can you give me the specifics?" which better matches with what's said in the Japanese track (詳しく聞きたいねえ).

ZovjVFd.png

"Gorujyu" is gibberish. Should be gorgio/gadjo (Roma term for non-Roma people).

As annoying as the subtitle issues are, I can overlook them because the picture quality is better than the UK BD and even the Japanese BD.

You totally can! Lots of online places do pretty discreet packaging & depending on your gender there's some/lots of not so suspicious looking stuff too. Of course you could also get a friend to send you/smuggle you one in a Teddy or something (poor Teddy)

Back