UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I wish someone had the nerve to tell Khara outright that their english is terrible and they look foolish for thinking it isn't. Such bluntness is the only way to get through to something so stubborn.
I'm sure they must know. The internet has been vocal about it. They clearly have some sort of superiority complex over the franchise or something. Maybe deep down they understand which is why the ADV dub/subs are available for the UE and CE

So, GKids just announced the first ever English-friendly release for one of the best anime series ever made. But it does look like this:

240590185_10157988387232213_7993129572670436272_n.png

As opposed to the beautiful Italian and Japanese editions:

81QmXokR+jL._SL1500_.jpg

514zDpv3+WL._AC_.jpg

In summary: Dear AL,
cute-kitten.gif

So, GKids just announced the first ever English-friendly release for one of the best anime series ever made. But it does look like this:

240590185_10157988387232213_7993129572670436272_n.png

As opposed to the beautiful Italian and Japanese editions:

81QmXokR+jL._SL1500_.jpg

514zDpv3+WL._AC_.jpg

In summary: Dear AL,
cute-kitten.gif

AL I'm praying as well!!

I just remembered that in the Netflix subs the onscreen text subtitles are missing, they didn't subtitle any of the onscreen text. I wonder if this has been fixed and they have been added in this release? @anime_andrew can you comment on this?
In fear of Netflix's subs not being fixed, I cancelled my order for Standard and went for the CE version.

I may be out of the loop but what's wrong with this? Looks pretty good to me

Well I wouldn't say there's anything 'wrong' with it, but it is fairly weak effort to put out a huge title like that with a standard amaray when it seems like every other title is getting some sort of collector's edition option nowadays. Beggars can't be choosers and I've been asking for this for a decade so I'll certainly pick it up unless there's a UK option, but when the Italian edition was so impressive it got my hopes up for similar treatment in other international territories.

Well I wouldn't say there's anything 'wrong' with it, but it is fairly weak effort to put out a huge title like that with a standard amaray when it seems like every other title is getting some sort of collector's edition option nowadays. Beggars can't be choosers and I've been asking for this for a decade so I'll certainly pick it up unless there's a UK option, but when the Italian edition was so impressive it got my hopes up for similar treatment in other international territories.
Wouldn't really call it a weak effort since we don't know what goes on behind the scenes but it might just be a case that the series doesn't have a big enough audience in the US to warrant a bigger release. Like I've never heard of this series so I can't comment too much on its popularity but maybe it just has a comparatively bigger audience in Italy so they can justify a release like that.

I get what Yami is sort of saying, but they (GKIDS) are paying for a new dub which I consider more important to reach a new audience rather than fancy packaging. That said if AL were to bring it over I would appreciate said fancy packaging 😀

So mvm are selling the SE of neon genesis evangelion cheaper than all the anime, even with the 10% discount

Are they going to correct the price or is there going to be an early bird?
It's showing as the same RRP as the listing on AL. MVM does 30% on all preorders so this is pretty standard.

Currently all the anime are selling it at £59.99 or £54 with the 10% off code
Mvm are currently selling it at £48.99
Which means they are selling it at a better pre order price than all the anime have.
(Sidenote this is a first time for me where all the anime are selling one of there pre releases on another platform for less)

Currently all the anime are selling it at £59.99 or £54 with the 10% off code
Mvm are currently selling it at £48.99
Which means they are selling it at a better pre order price than all the anime have.
(Sidenote this is a first time for me where all the anime are selling one of there pre releases on another platform for less)
I'm not disputing what prices AL are selling it for. I'm just saying that this isn't unusual for MVM where the standard preorder prices are 30% off the RRP. Sorry if there's any misunderstanding but I don't think this is unusual.

I'm not disputing what prices AL are selling it for. I'm just saying that this isn't unusual for MVM where the standard preorder prices are 30% off the RRP. Sorry if there's any misunderstanding but I don't think this is unusual.
I agree with what you said.
It's just a first that an all the anime pre release is more expensive on there site, then on another site.
The hmv exclusive is cheaper too.

Back