UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I rarely enjoy watching stuff at the cinema because the people who ruin the viewing experience inevitably outweigh the positives of watching it with other people.

A small personal cinema where you can view stuff with friends/family would be far superior!

I'm not sure about others but all my experiences of going to see anime films at the cinema have been positive, with the sole exception of the Demon Slayer movie.
- The first hour of that movie was multiple groups of kids about 15ish shouting jokes and impressions at the screen and the emotional finale was pretty much ruined by a person sitting directly behind me unable to control themselves from loudly sobbing 😣

I'm not sure about others but all my experiences of going to see anime films at the cinema have been positive, with the sole exception of the Demon Slayer movie.
- The first hour of that movie was multiple groups of kids about 15ish shouting jokes and impressions at the screen and the emotional finale was pretty much ruined by a person sitting directly behind me unable to control themselves from loudly sobbing 😣
The Grudge was completely ruined for me once by a group of teenagers laughing loudly throughout the whole movie. It's a terrible experience when stuff like that happens.

Anime Limited releases for September 2021 now showing up on Amazon:
(Disclaimer: Links are affiliated - Also SamFlam and Gundam NT of all things have some stuff swapped around so I believe the listing I used above is correct hopefully)

Everyone shouted out the name of that attack on titan dudes name when the funimation logo appeared when watching demon slayer for some reason, I guess its some meme, but apart from that it was alright. I’ve watched a lot of anime at the cinema and it’s usually alright .

You know the part in the film where Shinji screams in despair and throws his SDAT player against the wall? Well, for some reason, the audience seemed to find that somewhat amusing. 🤨

I really don't get that.
Welcome to cringe moments while westerners watch anime in theaters.
Reminds me the most catastrophic and disrespectful projection of an japanese anime movie. People were literally screaming for anything and laughing at dramatic moments. The director happened to be there as well as a guest. It was just sad.

EDIT:
I'm a bit disappointed by Penguidrum set. Dynit collector set was nicer with 100p booklet and more varied and colorful artwork for the amarays...

Last edited:
All the discs… no tat!
And the first 100 units comes with Schick.
maxresdefault.jpg

i'm just hoping the other editions are still worth it and at least comes with some nice stuff and not leaving all the cool extras with the Ultimate Edition. Looking at mid/end of September to afford the UE without breaking bank if these other editions don't pan out 🥲

Cinema choices really come down to the chains themselves deciding to support a film as opposed to a conscious choice from ourselves there as a heads up! We'd rather every chain be involved as there are some stronger in areas than others (for example, all the way through my Edinburgh Uni life, the Cineworld was my defacto chain cinema while the Filmhouse was my usual!)

It also doesn't mean they don't want to if they don't show it - sometimes schedules don't line up etc too alas.

Andrew
Stares in Cineworld Bedford never doing anime screenings.

I do think it’s very steep but after having a week of being told the ADV stuff is “probably” exclusive I’m very relieved it seems to be not. So I will preorder this on Zavvi but if I can afford the UE before it sells out I will switch as the UE is worth £60 more even if I do dislike it’s size.

Back