UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Thanks.

I'm of the opinion that subtitles should be as unobtrusive as possible while still being readable (death to yellow), and those seem okay to me.

But I regard the translation of on-screen text as a kind of bare minimum to be expected from a professional commercial anime release. Having said that, if these discs have been authored by software that can only display one line of subtitles at a time, on-screen translations appearing while dialogue is being subtitled would cause the dialogue subtitle to "blink" off and on again. Had that joy on my Anthem of the Heart disc. Thankfully, these issues don't seem to have affected any recent discs.

I might get it anyway as it's cheap and I like Kyoto Animation.
Some on-screen text is translated; I remember things like the competition award certificates being shown. Honestly I don't remember there being much of it in the first place, or anything significant being left untranslated, and I only rewatched the series last week.

As long as its the BD Versions Ill be happy.... as yes thanks to Nozomi i get to keep both.
(Long list for replacements understandably)
BD version

UK / corrected US BD
psuWvKY.png

Crunchyroll
Um8ifYN.png

Slightly off topic

I'm kinda (well, not really) happy my eyesight isn't great as I'd hate to be in the middle of a show and be thinking how the RGB color is off or there is banding rather than watching the show itself

Not trying to be rude ofc, I just dont understand why you would want to do this to yourself.

I can only imagine trying to watch a DVD now would be a horrible experience.

And yes there are a few I agree with, Poor Subtitles, interlacing issues and substantial artifacting do effect viewing for me (Media Blasters Sora DVD was awful / unwatchable but the artifacting in Your Name Bluray wasnt an issue for me)

Sorry for the rant :)

Sucks to have good eye sight I suppose.

Or expectations from a £100+ set.

But on a more serious note: if the RGB is off it seriously messes with colours and washes out a whole picture or significantly crushes blacks. That does impact the viewing experience a lot.

You can try a RGB missmatch yourself. Try messing with the RGB limited-full settings on your TV and mismatch these with your player/gameconsoles settings. The difference should be obvious. It is to me at least.

Damn, I forgot about this item, and now is sold out :/

Damn, I forgot about this item, and now is sold out :/

there's a regular edition from this french company if you're interested

Someone didn't like ALs release of Gundam SEED
Nothing like complaining about what you get for the £200 rrp considering if the 2 formats of the series and the movies were sold separately they would most likely cost £225 rrp.

Can't argue that the artbook is a bit bland, but that is down to approved materials as much as anything else.

At £200 rrp it is the same cost as getting the original Beez release in singles.

I did laugh at the review because it said if you want every version and obviously it has the BD versions of HD because that was why it was delayed so not quite every version.
I’ll be honest for 99% people Nozomis isn’t better value but for me and having both discs does sweeten the deal. But I expected the book to the same but A5 and the fact it seems not be is confusing...
Also that review is confusing by the fact he says he likes the original dub more but doesn’t concede this is the only set that will include it the SE’s/ standard CE whenever it comes will be the HD Remaster version only,

Last edited:
wasn't the Violet Evergarden series supposed to be going up for another earlybird or did i some how miss it?
I don't believe there was any plans to make it available for early bird again.
Unless both @Oldmario and I are both going totally mad (not to be discounted in my case) I’m sure it was put up for early bird again, since I remember asking the same question a while back and being told I’d missed it.

Unless both @Oldmario and I are both going totally mad (not to be discounted in my case) I’m sure it was put up for early bird again, since I remember asking the same question a while back and being told I’d missed it.
i think it went up in december and i'm sure someone said it would be one of the repeated early bird deals closer to release

Can someone tell me if you sign up for Anime (Un)Limited how long it takes before the membership takes effect? I just signed up but didn't receive any email confirmation regarding my membership, so a bit puzzled currently as what the status of my membership is now.

Can someone tell me if you sign up for Anime (Un)Limited how long it takes before the membership takes effect? I just signed up but didn't receive any email confirmation regarding my membership, so a bit puzzled currently as what the status of my membership is now.
I got a confirmation email straight away. On the website if you go to Account there should be a link near the top that says manage memberships. If you click on that it will say if its logged/activated your membership to it.

I got confirmation and the code within minutes of signing up.

Mine arrived the next day. Seems to vary from person to person.

Back