UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

That's a shame, but from the beginning I thought it would only take them about a year to stream most of their catalogue of movies. We'd already started to see a couple of repeats recently.

I had a look at how many times I have used the Screen Anime 10% discount, and the results are as follows:

unknown.png

tRbfiAI.png
I'm pretty sure my annual subscription paid for itself with the amount I've bought over the last year. I don't know if that would have continued to be the case for another year though, unless they release a stack of new titles I want in the next year.

Stupid question time; is the this new Anime Un(Limited) subscription actually available yet, like the blog post suggests, and if so how/where?

I'm not seeing any links or options to purchase a subscription, just wondering if it's not up yet, or if my browser settings are getting in the way (yet again).

Stupid question time; is the this new Anime Un(Limited) subscription actually available yet, like the blog post suggests, and if so how/where?

I'm not seeing any links or options to purchase a subscription, just wondering if it's not up yet, or if my browser settings are getting in the way (yet again).
It's right on the home page under the banner for Castlevania so I assume it will be your browser settings stopping you from seeing it.

It's right on the home page under the banner for Castlevania so I assume it will be your browser settings stopping you from seeing it.
Yep, had to allow a whole bunch of 3rd party javascript in noscript to get it to show, thank you.

No paypal option, was that the same with screen anime?
It makes sense with it being a subscription, I know, but I would much rather pay yearly via paypal, with the subscription automatically lapsing if I don't renew it manually.

I plan to switch over to the Anime (Un)Limited membership once I get an email about the whole digital gift card stuff since my subscription ends in early June (I started the sub a bit later than most regular folks in case my bank got a bit funny after my US import haul merged into one big order by UP1 in late May).

The usual Screen Anime code should still work for Future Diary so after that I am in no rush since the EB afterwards is some vinyl stuff.

I already signed up for the Anime (Un)Limited plan earlier today - With AtA removing VAT for international customers now, and a 10% discount on top of it, that savings will pretty much offset the £25 shipping to the US, so it will be very similar to getting free shipping for me. I import quite a bit from the UK; I normally deal with AOL for AL releases, since shipping is cheaper, but now I can even afford to order a single release (especially early-birds) from AtA instead of having to wait to buy 4 or 5 sets in a single order to spread out the shipping costs. 🥳

I always sign up for Rightstuf's $18 yearly Got Anime membership, because I usually save at least $100-$150 per year with that.

I plan to switch over to the Anime (Un)Limited membership once I get an email about the whole digital gift card stuff since my subscription ends in early June (I started the sub a bit later than most regular folks in case my bank got a bit funny after my US import haul merged into one big order by UP1 in late May).

The usual Screen Anime code should still work for Future Diary so after that I am in no rush since the EB afterwards is some vinyl stuff.
Good point, I paid for Screen Anime actually a month after it started so that's a bummer.

Is SEED not an old enough preorder to be fulfilled by MVM like Violet Evergarden was?
i think is, i guess i got confused with it originally coming out in December and thinking i ordered it back then but it was at the end of august/begining of september for the pre-order

So I received an email from anime ltd saying about screen anime ending etc.

Am I being a bit illiterate? as the below is a bit confusing to me. Do I have to contact them? Or only if I have other queries? I have about 2-3 months of my sub left so wanted make sure I get the voucher.

‘To ensure anime fans Current Screen Anime annual members will receive a digital gift card for the AllTheAnime.comstore via email this week, prorated based on the amount of time left in their subscription. Screen Anime subscribers with any other queries are encouraged to reach out to Anime Limited via the contact page. ‘

Last edited:
So I received an email from anime ltd saying about screen anime ending etc.

Am I being a bit illiterate? as the below is a bit confusing to me. Do I have to contact them? Or only if I have other queries? I have about 2-3 months of my sub left so wanted make sure I get the voucher.

‘To ensure anime fans Current Screen Anime annual members will receive a digital gift card for the AllTheAnime.comstore via email this week, prorated based on the amount of time left in their subscription. Screen Anime subscribers with any other queries are encouraged to reach out to Anime Limited via the contact page. ‘
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who got confused by that

I don't understand licenses as well as a lot of people here - is there still any chance of Ace Attorney being released by AL?

Wiki tells me Crunchyroll has the US license (and still has AL down as the UK license), but 1) I watched some of it on Funimation a couple of years ago (I really don't "get" the whole Funi/Crunchy thing) and 2) AL haven't mentioned it for ages (they announced it in 2016)

The US releases seem fairly affordable, so I'm wondering if I should just forget about a possible UK release and buy them instead.

Back