UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

dHtnYNb.gif
Konosuba pre ordered.

I did the maths for rezero and kill la kill, which is better for packaging anime online or up1? Prices in €View attachment 17063
Both are pretty good for packaging in terms of being securely packed, they both use those cardboard boxes. I think UP1 uses bubblewrap inside the package iirc whereas AOL doesn't but nothing has ever come damaged from them despite that.

I did the maths for rezero and kill la kill, which is better for packaging anime online or up1? Prices in €View attachment 17063
Go with Zavvi or Amazon as they already have Irish VAT applied, the others will be 20% cheaper than stated when VAT is removed but you'll need to pay the 21% Irish VAT plus the €3.50 An Post charge( or DPD if you go UP1) if a customs charge is applied.

Kill La Kill is coming out at £35 exVAT( just under €40 on the Anime Limited website, £31.50 ~€35.60 with the Screenanime discount) if using Revolut.

If you aren't using Revolut you should sign up as there are no currency conversion fees and the rate is much better than what is offered by AIB or any of the other banks here.

Last edited:
Those prices are with the vat and 3.50 fee included, up1 is cheapest cos they have the lowest base price, it’s the shipping that makes um basically even with anime online

Those prices are with the vat and 3.50 fee included, up1 is cheapest cos they have the lowest base price, it’s the shipping that makes um basically even with anime online
UP1 use DPD for shipping and have a higher clearance fee than An Post. UP1 also end up £1.25 each more than AL including shipping due to it being £8.75 for one or £16.25 for both.

Your prices are still off as AL works out at €51.38 via Revolut inc Irish VAT and clearance, which should be slightly cheaper than AOL as charge an extra £3 for shipping per item.

Both sets are £34.99 exVAT on both AL and AOL. The difference is that AL show the exVAT price at the checkout, but AOL show the exVAT price on the product page if signed into a non UK account.

Best option is to with Amazon for Re:Zero and AL direct for KLK.

And once again use Revolut, the exchange rate(currently €1=0.874) is far better than Amazons(currently €0.855), Paypals(currently €0.85) or your banks. Don't buy on weekends though as their rate drops by 1% to cover weekend fluctuations.

Last edited:
Ah yeah seems like anime online has the ex vat prices on the store page so it’s actually a good deal more expensive :(
Is revoult like PayPal?
Revolut is a prepaid debit card. You download an app on your phone and add funds via your bank account or payment cards.

Revolut - Get more from your money - Apps on Google Play

You can also use it to pay friends that also have the app similar to Paypal. The funds can also be returned to your bank from there. You can also link the card to Paypal to make payments, just make sure to turn off the Paypal currency converter.

Was extremely useful on my trip to Japan late 2019 and for online purchases considering how reliant we are on UK imports for anime.

Back