UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Those prices are with the vat and 3.50 fee included, up1 is cheapest cos they have the lowest base price, it’s the shipping that makes um basically even with anime online
I myself would go with whoever packs their anime shipments best, to me that's the priority - such a small difference of £7.50 between highest and lowest cost to me is basically irrelevant compared to having the better chance of receiving a pristine copy.

Out of all the shops who we think packs um the best?
Most likely AL or AOL. Zavvi and Amazon could be 50/50 whether it ends up in jiffy bags or card mailers.

Haven't used UP1 in a while, but anything I ordered was always well packed. Tended to buy more from them at Eirtakon when that con was running than online.

Go with Zavvi or Amazon as they already have Irish VAT applied, the others will be 20% cheaper than stated when VAT is removed but you'll need to pay the 21% Irish VAT plus the €3.50 An Post charge( or DPD if you go UP1) if a customs charge is applied.
€3.50 An Post charge? It's been a while for me, but I thought their fee was €10?
Did they introduce a lower charge specifically for packages from the UK to avoid a backlash or something?

That makes the €18 fedex fee I have for each of the 2 the AL xmas orders even worse, the fee was more than the vat in one of those (and I made the orders presuming they'd be shipped by royal mail and hence delivered by an post as usual). :(

Ugh, the entire reason I started importing UK anime a few years ago was specifically for Anime Limited's CE sets with digipaks... if they are going to release everything in amaray cases, that will be pretty much it for my UK importing. Please say it ain't so... 😭
I think some of these newer compiled CEs, the individual parts of which have already had separate digipak CE releases, are the ones in the amaray cases e.g. re:zero and erased. The advantage for me is that they are cheaper overall (at the pre order prices anyway) and take up less of my limited space!

Do AL generally prefer to do CE releases first for any show before doing a standard release? I remember buying The CE for Sound! Euphonium season 1 a couple of years back and only recently saw the standard edition released (unless I missed it previously; also hoping the next season and movies get a UK release..). Am I correct in this assumption and is there any way of predicting/knowing whether one or both versions will in fact be released?

Do AL generally prefer to do CE releases first for any show before doing a standard release? I remember buying The CE for Sound! Euphonium season 1 a couple of years back and only recently saw the standard edition released (unless I missed it previously; also hoping the next season and movies get a UK release..). Am I correct in this assumption and is there any way of predicting/knowing whether one or both versions will in fact be released?

Typically the CE is always released first if they end to have one. If the title is more niche too, sometimes a CE might be either the way to make it stand out on a shelf in stores or it may be aimed more specifically at anime fans who prefer to buy CEs. Standard editions seem to be released on stuff that can have a large pull, or has shown that it can sell well. Or just stuff that there is a demand for but not enough to justice a CE.

Right, with Crunchyroll doing another Makoto Shinkai weekend, I just reminded myself about what was going on with Anime Limited's upcoming in-progress Shinkai collection.

So as far as I'm aware these were confirmed:

With Andrew and Jeremy around I was wondering if there would be more titles added to the set?

Like:

I'm digging up this post from five years ago but, with a new release of Your Name on the horizon (and with AL having just completed Shinkai's complete feature filmography with 5 centimetres per second and Children Who Chase Lost Voices), I hope that as many of these as possible can be included as extras. The commercials might be difficult with regards to rights, but I hope that Someone's Gaze and Crossroads might be possible - the former is one of Shinkai's best works even a mere 7 minutes long and the latter is like a test run for Your Name...in 2 minutes.

I’m contemplating cancelling the konosuba s2 ce cos the s1 ce is impossible to find, not sure how weird it’d look to have the standard beside the ce

Last edited:
I’m contemplating cancelling the konosuba s2 ce cos the s1 ce is impossible to find, not sure how weird it’d look to have the stand beside the ce

Yeah it's a bit annoying that it's so hard to get hold of it, I would love to see a limited re-print of the S1 CE given how popular it is, it would surely sell out. All of the materials and things must exist so no work needed except at the print stages.

Must be a reason for it, but maybe it's simply down to how it is, order X copies, once sold all gone.

Some stuff you can get still the CE's for a long time post release, some stuff I guess it sells out quicker.

I'll probably keep my pre-order, and just get the standard season 1 edition. I'd like to have both CE but it is what it is.

Back