UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Iā€™m waiting for the Brexit price rise that I didnā€™t vote for and probably will kill me buying there releases. If I have less money which I do plan if I do what I want less AL it is.

They went to almost all releases, to some, even big releases are skipping it. Konosuba, Violet, Yaiba, tamako market, WWY., FMP s4,..
This is what Hanners said when I queried the decrease in digipaks back in August:

It isn't really about cost effectiveness - we're just not particularly big fans of single-disc Digipaks, as they simply don't work very well, so we opted to go for a Digipak with this one as a single disc release, as it made the most sense.
Definitely not - it's always decided on a project-by-project basis. :)

They went to almost all releases, to some, even big releases are skipping it. Konosuba, Violet, Yaiba, tamako market, WWY., FMP s4,..
This is the 2nd time I've seen someone question why Demon Slayer doesn't have a digipak when I thought it was obvious? Aniplex wouldn't let AL release a better version of it. I think we got the best outcome, we have a copy of the AoA release minus the soundtrack.

Also as xp_version1 said there is no sense for digipaks for single disc releases so that's Konosuba out. And WWY they wanted a steelbook CE to match the rest of the series.

I'm not sure why you would join in on the discussion about the AL release not getting a digipak then but you do you.
Umm, you said we got the best outcome, but we're not getting the soundtrack which isn't available, legally, anywhere else but with the physical release of the Blu-ray in Japan and the States, so patently not the best outcome! Especially for people who do want the soundtrack and the show, but don't want to go through the hassle of importing it/wanting to buy local.

Promare has a pretty great soundtrack. I might consider that
@Ian Wolf posted an article on this already:
PROMARE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK ā€“ (not being released digitally in the UK)

This is what Hanners said when I queried the decrease in digipaks back in August::
It isn't really about cost effectiveness - we're just not particularly big fans of single-disc Digipaks, as they simply don't work very well, so we opted to go for a Digipak with this one as a single disc release, as it made the most sense.

So then I say, author the discs like the Japanese do, with 4 episodes per disc at high bitrates, so you can have 4 discs per cour in an awesome 4 panel digipak with spanned images across the panels, in a high-quality chipboard CE box.... I would pay double the price for that kind of release. šŸ„°

Back