UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

The attack on titan season 2 roar CE that comes in the mystery box is just a recap movie?
Assuming it is a recap movie, I assume getting the actual season 2 is probably gonna be better in terms of story and follow along stuff?

Just got a shipping notification for my last 2 AL xmas sale orders from 1st of december, both shipped by fedex rather than royal mail.

Which sounds great.

Except they charge around €18 for "customs clearance" rather than the (still high) €10 of our national carrier.
Per package.

So, the 2 orders came to about £166 total, this will incur almost £35 in VAT and just under £33 in fees on top of that, £68 extra in total.

Not gonna lie, a wee bit pissed off about this, if AL don't at the very least offer a refund of the UK VAT then I'm just done with ordering from them directly.

And the kicker?
These 2 orders were shipped within days of the new fulfillment center re-opening after xmas, so if they had actually stayed open until the 24th of december rather than closing down on the 18th, there is at least a chance these orders could have been shipped before the new year.

It doesn't even matter when it ships, it's only when it enters the new country.

Like my day 1 AL order, shipped around 12/13 and arrived on the 31st. just lucked out by 1 day.

Not gonna lie, a wee bit pissed off about this, if AL don't at the very least offer a refund of the UK VAT then I'm just done with ordering from them directly.

UK VAT was a legal process at time of purchase and you knew and accepted the risks of buying pre-Brexit so I don't think you have much of a leg to stand on I'm afraid.

I would be curious to know how many EU customers the smaller distributors like Anime Ltd. or MVM have, as I suspect a lot of those will no longer order UK releases as the prices with custom charges will be to high for some of those buyers.

So that could cut in the revenues they have with EU customers. So basically guess smaller companies aren‘t all too happy with the Brexit and what it brings on that front.

Mvm atleast made it clear how they would be handing it going forward o haven’t seen anything from AL at all so far, a nice concise message like mvm put out is a good idea

Its shipped from Guernsey

Mine was shipped 31/12 and arrived today

Let us know if your set arrives safely or it gets damaged

Update now. It has arrived and seems to be in perfect condition, something I'm quite happy about after the worries I had from hearing Zavvi horror stories here. And it is much nicer than I was expecting too in my opinion, even if I was expecting it to be good.

I would be curious to know how many EU customers the smaller distributors like Anime Ltd. or MVM have, as I suspect a lot of those will no longer order UK releases as the prices with custom charges will be to high for some of those buyers.

So that could cut in the revenues they have with EU customers. So basically guess smaller companies aren‘t all too happy with the Brexit and what it brings on that front.
Ireland is in the EU and is part of their licencing territory, the market isn't particularly big though.

Not gonna lie, a wee bit pissed off about this, if AL don't at the very least offer a refund of the UK VAT then I'm just done with ordering from them directlrders could have been shipped before the new year.

My orders are still not shipped and I hope they do not use Fedex. I don't think we get any vat refund even if it is a very easy task for them. I got always a refund of the vat cost when i bought outside from the EU. They charged me the Vat first and I got a refund of the vat 2 days later.

Let's see what AL does about it. If I do not get a refund of the british Vat, then this was my last order. 400 british bucks payed and now I have to pay 25% vat from my country on top of it. If i get the 20% british Vat back than everything will be ok for me, because it will be like all my other orders i did outside EU.

Last edited:
Post Brexit regarding VAT, if AL are shipping outside of the UK then they should not be charging you VAT as companies should not charge VAT on an export. Local VAT will be charged to you by your own customs upon import.

Prior to Brexit a shipment from UK to say France was not classed as an export as it was moving within the community, so VAT was chargeable by AL.

The unfortunate issue here is that the financial transaction took place prior to brexit, so officially AL have done nothing wrong by charging VAT.

Working in international trade, my understanding is as follows; as long as the goods shipped prior to 31st December then you should not be charged local import VAT, but if they shipped after then you will be and in a sense AL have done nothing wrong with their charges, just have dicked EU customers over a bit by not endeavouring to get all EU sales orders out before brexit took place.

Hopefully they do some good will gesture.

Last edited:
Going over the NT release and I'm kind of annoyed. When rightstuf announced they were doing this release, one of the announced extras was a subtitled short where Zoltan comedically summarised UC history.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, that isn't on here. We get an NT trailer collection and the trailer for the upcoming Hathaway's Flash.

Assuming I'm not being a total idiot who is missing something, I'm really getting tired of the removed extras on Gundam releases. I can't even really find anything official that pre warned we wouldn't get this. Even the case just talks about the physical extras.

The short isn’t mentioned on the AL page listing for NT. So, it’s not like they announced it would be included in the UK release and then removed it later without telling us, they just never mentioned it would be included in the first place.

The short isn’t mentioned on the AL page listing for NT. So, it’s not like they announced it would be included in the UK release and then removed it later without telling us, they just never mentioned it would be included in the first place.
Near as I can find, they didn't explain any of the extras we'd be getting on the UK release. I had to wait until I had the disc loaded.

I know I'm as popular as a cup of cold sick when I complain like this but I'm sick of the lottery nature of these releases. Especially when other titles get the bost pushed out for global exclusive extras. We keep getting less.

It's probably a cost thing. They may have to balance the price they wish to charge vs the price it would end up being if it got this extra step, especially when there is a smaller market in the UK. If the price shoots up really high, yeah some people will pay that but it will likely be fewer, meaning you wouldn't want to make as many and then that means less profit per sale to balance out the licence costs, etc.
So for the short, if it isn't considered essential for the story itself (you said it was a summary right?), there is a question on whether the additional cost is even worth it.
(I assume this is how it goes, based on what I have picked up from here in the past.)

Is it a UK/FR disc?

Guess I'll have to swap the disc with the Nozomi disc once they release a standard edition. Did the same with Origin V-VI recently.

Is it a UK/FR disc?

Guess I'll have to swap the disc with the Nozomi disc once they release a standard edition. Did the same with Origin V-VI recently.
My copy will be here within the next 30 mins to an hour so I should able to check if it's a UK/FR disc or a US disc.

UPDATE: It's a French disc.

Last edited:
Back