UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

When brand new listings occur, sometimes those who don't live in the UK (for Amazon UK listings) won't be able to see them at first. It can take a while before it becomes available. It's the same with Amazon US - so when new listings for Funimation appear, we can't view or order immediately unless we had a US address.

Wow, that's annoying but fascinating to know! Thank you!

Partly true. Especially for Amazon UK it sometimes happens that all preorders cannot be seen in search / listings without an UK address registered in account or at least an UK IP. This includes preorders that are already listed for several weeks and is not limited to new entries.
I've noticed this many times and thought I was just bad at searching 😂 Thats why I always have to find a link that someone posts here on the forum.

has anyone else had a problem with a sorta long air pocket near the top of the back of their Gundam Unicorn CE? it's like the layer under because slightly unstuck

Fine by me as long as they don't delay SEED! That's your big ticket item and the last thing you want is that getting delayed!
( although just over a month out and no new info since early bird.... 🙄 )

Last edited:
Re delays as a whole just now - it's the same for a lot of companies but Collector's Packaging times have ballooned over the last few weeks so projects that were already underway like Turn A have been caught up. So effectively the problems are happening after the usual period we'd be sure things were safe and going to hit date (hence announcing them when we have).

We're working with printers to minimise delay times and have a lot in the pipeline just now beyond what was announced so far so there's a lot coming over the coming months!

People's understanding is appreciated :).

Andrew

After a read through of the AL update the tl;dr is:

30th Nov -
30cm per second

7th Dec -
Code Geass
Gundam Seed
Ride Your Wave
Turn A (part 1)
SAO Alicization (part 2)

14th Dec -
Demon Slayer (part 1)
Promised Neverland (part1)
Love Live Sunshine s2 standard

As I'm sure most will know I'm a bit of a pessimist 🙄 but this just doesn't seem like its going to come together smoothly... all those releases over 2 weeks with the majority slap back in the middle of your 12 days sale during a pandemic.
Genuinely hope I'm wrong but 5+ years of AL Christmas's tells me otherwise.

And now is the time for MVM to start looking for a christmas temp because if some don't drop to Q1 2021 that guys gonna die!!!

I bought enough last Christmas to still have a backlog 1 year later (although I got through a lot of it) so it's all fine by me. On that topic I'm curious what the mystery boxes will look like however this year as iirc there weren't many items left over after last year making it not so much of a mystery anymore.

Re delays as a whole just now - it's the same for a lot of companies but Collector's Packaging times have ballooned over the last few weeks so projects that were already underway like Turn A have been caught up. So effectively the problems are happening after the usual period we'd be sure things were safe and going to hit date (hence announcing them when we have).

We're working with printers to minimise delay times and have a lot in the pipeline just now beyond what was announced so far so there's a lot coming over the coming months!

People's understanding is appreciated :).

Andrew
If you don't mind me asking Andrew, how's progress going with Mobile Suit Gundam SEED. It's been a while but I figured a mini-update would help considering the newswire only mentioned the December date and that packaging etc is revealed soon.

And once Turn-A Gundam and SEED are both out, what's in line for the next batch of Gundam in 2021? Are you focusing more on individual OVA/film titles like F-91, 0080, The 08th MS Team, Zeta Gundam: New Translation or are you thinking of jumping back into the TV world like G Gundam, Victory Gundam, Build Fighters etc. SEED Destiny of course will take a long while so we ain't worried about that just yet.

I bought enough last Christmas to still have a backlog 1 year later (although I got through a lot of it) so it's all fine by me. On that topic I'm curious what the mystery boxes will look like however this year as iirc there weren't many items left over after last year making it not so much of a mystery anymore.
To be fair it's still a mystery to those who don't keep track of what appeared in previous boxes

Shipping delays of both their xmas sales and their december releases are an even bigger concern this year for those of us that'll still be in the EU, going on experiences from the past few years it's entirely possible things might not arrive until early 2021, meaning probable VAT charges and collection fees added on top of the UK VAT we already pay, and covid and the even greater shift to online shopping it's causing makes this even more likely.

I'm on the fence on the early bird for Promised Neverland precisely because of this, even though the digipack and fairly hefty artbook makes it the most compelling AL release in some time for me.

During the last few years of xmas sale mayhem, were AL's new december releases affected as badly as all the sale items?

Oh, also, about AL preorders not appearing on amazon.co.uk if outside the uk, seeing as no one else mentioned it;

If you search with 'site:amazon.co.uk' via google you can get to most of the listings from there, the top most results are usually imports, but the AL releases are lower down if you scroll a bit.

I can get to both the Promised Neverland and Lelouch of the Re;Surrection preorders with that whereas I can't bring them up when searching from within amazon.co.uk itself.

Oh, also, about AL preorders not appearing on amazon.co.uk if outside the uk, seeing as no one else mentioned it;

If you search with 'site:amazon.co.uk' via google you can get to most of the listings from there, the top most results are usually imports, but the AL releases are lower down if you scroll a bit.

I can get to both the Promised Neverland and Lelouch of the Re;Surrection preorders with that whereas I can't bring them up when searching from within amazon.co.uk itself.
you can also use blu-ray.com and search under the UK section of the site if it makes it easier, only thing is tho that the title has to be added to the database first otherwise you obviously won't be able to find it

One thing I noticed about the upcoming release of 5 Centimeters Per Second is that it has the BBFC 12 rating, yet the BBFC already passed it uncut with a U certificate when Manga previously released it.

Back