UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Has there been any further news about Millennium Actress? Is that only getting a Collector's Edition release or will there be a standard one too?

Last I heard was it was a possibility before Christmas, but not a guarantee. I suspect if nothing is shared before the 12 Days of Christmas Sale, then it might pop-up then.

Has there been any further news about Millennium Actress? Is that only getting a Collector's Edition release or will there be a standard one too?
All Anime Limited releases (with the exception of Aniplex which takes an unspecified amount of time) will have standard edition Blu-rays at some point. Millennium Actress will start off as a collector's edition and after about 3-6 months or sooner if the CE sells out, a standard will appear.

But the dub is so bad...
The dub is mostly fine and entertaining (sure, the narrator's different and meme like and that might backfire later, so its different). AL's release of Konosuba LE for example doesn't mention the english VA's in their booklet and thats frankly pretty naff when you consider it would be a harder sell for the company without it and of course the actors (with extremely rare exceptions) make no royalties on their performances so basic credit should be there with the Japanese actors too when that is possible. That should change.

Great to see it finally streaming in the UK <3

Shame song subtitles have been dropped though

OK, guess its hit or miss if songs get subtitled on Season 3 of Love Live

Episodes 1 and 3 have subtitles

while episodes 2 and 4 didn't

Is there any reason for this @anime_andrew @Hanners or is just down to the assets you were given? (if you're even responsible for the Subtitles that is, guessing Funimation is)

Nope it's just not set to the correct release date. If Anime Ltd doesn't tell Amazon soon, Amazon will very likely cancel all of the orders due to "lack of stock" which recently happened to ID: INVADED.
Well, if such an instance were to arise, you can bet there will be loud and incessent complaints to Amazon on my part until they give it to me for the previous pre-order price.

Well, if such an instance were to arise, you can bet there will be loud and incessent complaints to Amazon on my part until they give it to me for the previous pre-order price.
They probably won't listen to any complaints, cite errors and no money was charged etc.

It's not like Amazon needs custom at the moment

It's a nice discount, but are we sure it's an error? They corrected the others. This would be an unusually long time for Amazon to address a pricing issue.

probably all on amazon making fake problems to get out of this price error
Turn-A Gundam is not the sort of price that AL would honestly freak out on because it's literally only under £3 difference between the two (if you take into account Screen Anime's offer that is). Heck some folks probably switched from Amazon to AL because of the small difference like I have done.

That being said, the only title AL would be concerned about is Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection because that price never got fixed.

Back