UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

It's like Weathering With You, B: The Beginning and Gundam SEED where the early bird will have a larger window than the usual 1 week period. Basically you have almost the entire month of October to grab it at the early bird price.
That explains it. I should've read the early bird end date on the Violet Evergarden product description. Apologies for that.

I'll more than likely be going for both early birds at once.

It’s also worth noting that we have purposely revisited and re-evaluated the subtitles for the entirety our release to make them as accurate as possible.
Hopefully they fix this bit:
Soldier: Where do you think they will attack?
Dietfried: Somewhere where we slow down.
And somewhere where it will be hard to restore if it is destroyed.
The Grandezza Bridge! (which Violet flew over earlier and the pilot called it so)
It took ten years to build that tunnel(!?)
The transcontinental railroad will be out of commission for some time if it is destroyed.
Shame they can't fix the dub, because it's the same! As well as this dumb mistake:
There was a scene with a wide shot of some mountains with a citadel on top of one which is called Intense. Now the Japanese VA says Intense (as in the name of the place in English, or whatever the language of the area is) as it is a reference to something she remembers that happened there. The sub also says Intense, but they translated an English word (or reinterpretated it) to beautiful!! As in it was a beautiful view in the English dub!

Ohhh that looks NICE! You lot better keep a Violet Evergarden set aside for me, looking at the interest I'm a tad worried it'll be gone before the start of 2021. With Birthday's, Christmas and my nephew being born I'm gonna be overcome with outgoings till Jan/Feb :p

Yes also as the American set included space for Gaiden I was expecting something similar. But I assume they will make a set with space for the movie that released in Japan this week.

I think it would make sense to have them on their own. Because Gaiden's side-story film is renamed "Violet Evergarden I: Eternity and the Auto Memory Doll". It wouldn't surprise me if the new film was renamed "Violet Evergarden II: (insert subtitle here)", so by having the first film inside the main series, it would look pretty weird on the shelf.

Do we think Violet EverGaiden will be getting a CE over here? The Japanese set looks very pretty.

Yes, yes it will :).

Yes also as the American set included space for Gaiden I was expecting something similar. But I assume they will make a set with space for the movie that released in Japan this week.

I know the US is doing that and fair play if you view Gaiden as a bonus episode of the series. I'd rather wait until we (hopefully) have both films released too then figure out how to store them all together with that final release :). Everyone's mileage varies on how to design storage for franchises.

Best,

AP

If Anime Ltd had the opportunity to acquire more titles that were once with KAZE, I reckon it'll be the Berserk Golden Age Trilogy and Tiger & Bunny.

An AL CE for the Berserk films would look pretty neat to own imo. I know the films get flack but they're better than the 2016-17 CLANG anime series.

Tiger and Bunny is a good shout too I think if they get S2 they get will the rest.
I think if AL could get FUNis Ikuhara than yes Penguindrum would be probable but yeah I doubt it even though Utena did sell well

Back