UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I managed to miss the IBO part 2 EB last time, so I jumped right on it! Also Unicorn.

I’ll really have to get around to watching all this Gundam stuff I keep buying...

Nothing special here, mediocre artwork, color scheme and goodies, the only good thing is the spine, that does not go with the rest of the artwork but goes nice with your AL Gundam bluray collection. Probably gonna buy it later!

Gundam Unicorn is up for £34.99
"Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn is the next chapter of the Universal Century timeline in the Gundam universe is here, taking places 27 years after the events of the original Mobile Suit Gundam series and three years after the film Char's Counterattack."

96 - 79 = 17

I get that Anime Limited was not sure whether or not 4K anime could sell, but I think they should consider a second print run (whether it's 500 units or another 1000 units).

While it might be difficult depending on their licensing agreements, I like the Second Sight and Indicator approaches to limited edition releases: Second Sight, with Dawn of the Dead at least, are seemingly going to fulfil every pre-order and make a decision on the final print run based on that, whereas Indicator have pretty much said that they won't allow anything to sell out at the pre-order stage either.

Hopefully this boosts the confidence of AL in releasing 4K UHD discs going forward, even if I imagine the opportunities to do so will be few and far between. I imagine they might be wondering how many of those 1000 WWY pre-orderers would buy another release of Your Name.

While it might be difficult depending on their licensing agreements, I like the Second Sight and Indicator approaches to limited edition releases: Second Sight, with Dawn of the Dead at least, are seemingly going to fulfil every pre-order and make a decision on the final print run based on that, whereas Indicator have pretty much said that they won't allow anything to sell out at the pre-order stage either.
Interesting, I like that idea actually.

I guess it just depends how long you want to wait after pre-order. At least if AL know they require 1000 units, they can get that order in before the pre-order goes live and it can be produced. Whereas waiting to get pre-order numbers first may add another 3 months while they wait in the queue.

That hasn't been an issue for any other label that has trialled something similar, so I don't see why it would become an issue here but it would surely also be a better compromise than not getting it at all or having to pay much more on the secondary market?

On the subject of 4K UHD - Char's Counterattack would be a good one. Out in Japan for a few years, natively scanned in 4K from film.

I'm not exactly a huge Gundam fan so I haven't paid much attention to most of the announcements, but has there ever been mention by AL staffer whether they plan to release all of the Nozomi's titles or just select series and movies? I'm tempted to buy War in the Pocket in the Rightstuf sale, but if there's any intention for it to see an eventual UK release, I'll happily wait.

I'm not exactly a huge Gundam fan so I haven't paid much attention to most of the announcements, but has there ever been mention by AL staffer whether they plan to release all of the Nozomi's titles or just select series and movies? I'm tempted to buy War in the Pocket in the Rightstuf sale, but if there's any intention for it to see an eventual UK release, I'll happily wait.
While AL's partnership with Sunrise is a tad different (i.e. the order isn't the same as the US releases), last I checked they plan to release all titles that at least have Blu-ray releases.

After Unicorn, my guesses as to what would be sorted next are 0080, F-91, G and Narrative.

Films:
  • Mobile Suit Gundam 00: A Wakening of the Trailblazer (+ 00: Special Edition OVAs)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: Bandit Flower
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: The Movie Trilogy
OVA Specials & OVA Series:
  • Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory (+ Afterglow of Zeon film)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin: Chronicle of Char and Sayla
  • Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin: Chronicle of the Loum Battlefield
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz (+ Film Version of Endless Waltz)
TV Series:
  • Gundam: Reconguista in G
  • Mobile Suit Gundam (2 sets)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (2 sets)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Wing (2 sets)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ (2 sets)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (2 sets)
  • Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam (2 sets)
Films:
  • Mobile Suit Gundam F-91
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Narrative
  • Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New Translation
  • Gundam Build Fighters Special Disc (Battlogue, GM’s Counterattack, Try: Island Wars)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam AGE: Memory of Eden
  • Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO
  • Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team
TV Series:
  • After War Gundam X (2 sets)
  • Gundam Build Divers
  • Gundam Build Fighters
  • Gundam Build Fighters Try
  • Mobile Fighter G Gundam (2 sets)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam AGE (2 sets)
  • Mobile Suit Victory Gundam (2 sets)
  • Turn-A Gundam (2 sets)
Films:
  • Gundam Reconguista in G: Film Collection
  • Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73: Stargazer
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaway's Flash
  • Turn-A Gundam: Film Collection
  • Gundam Evolve
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Twilight AXIS
  • SD Gundam franchise (Mobile Suit SD Gundam, SD Gundam Sangokuden Brave Battle Warriors, SD Gundam World Sangoku Soketsuden)
TV Series:
  • Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise
  • Mobile Suit Gundam SEED - HD Remaster
  • Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny - HD Remaster
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 0096
  • Mobile Suit Gundam-san

Release SD Gundam, you cowards!
lbYxH8A.gif

I mean, it still feels like Sunrise booted them up the **** over the anniversary and so they went for shows already BBFC rated. Add in by all evidence Wing seems to have been a personal favourite.

IBO is the first Gundam TV show they obviously have to submit to BBFC for a while but even that I think they’ve left to late as the only people who still talk about it are the existing Gundam fans as I talk to rag on it.

Last edited:
IBO is the first Gundam TV show they obviously have to submit to BBFC for a while but even that I think they’ve left to late as the only people who still talk about it are the existing Gundam fans as I talk to rag on it.
Eh. Modern anime fandom has pretty much reached the point where it's pretty much just people shitposting and using and abusing shows. IBO still has people tearing into it for its ending, because they misunderstandings where the story was going and expected a bunch of anime cliches instead.

That said, I still see IBO get respect.

I'm hoping for 0080 War in the Pocket sooner rather than later. It's only, what, 3 hours total? It wouldn't need as much resources as some of the others.

Back