UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Given they seem to be trying to get a lot of Gundam out this year, does make me wonder what else is likely a relatively easy release in the time left this year.

08th MS Team
F91

Anything else bar maybe Evolve is at least a 2 volume commitment.

Given they seem to be trying to get a lot of Gundam out this year, does make me wonder what else is likely a relatively easy release in the time left this year.

08th MS Team
F91

Evolve won't get released here, it's dvd only and Anime Limited are restricted to PAL releases for Gundam.

08th MS Team
F91

I hope they don't do it back to back like the summer of Gundam last year. My wallet can't take it.

I hope they don't do it back to back like the summer of Gundam last year. My wallet can't take it.
Yeah especially as we have some big titles like Konosuba, Promised Neverland, Sword Art Online, Demon Slayer, and perhaps a couple of others, my wallet won't manage the Gundams to go alongside the others. I can deal with Unicorn and maybe some films but any more shows I feel is best saved for next year.

I wonder if there will be a big difference in quality between the blu ray and the 4k UHD blu ray? 🤔
The UHD is an upscale with noticeable ringing from the sharpening filter. Some people are really bothered by the ringing and while it is unfortunate, I don't think it looks too bad.

JP BD upscaled to 2160p | JP UHD 200 nits | JP UHD 500 nits

The UHD is an upscale with noticeable ringing from the sharpening filter. Some people are really bothered by the ringing and while it is unfortunate, I don't think it looks too bad.

JP BD upscaled to 2160p | JP UHD 200 nits | JP UHD 500 nits

I see the sharpening and the general colour palette differences, but was there a particular bit of the image I should be looking at for the ringing?

I see the sharpening and the general colour palette differences, but was there a particular bit of the image I should be looking at for the ringing?
The sharpened lines have ringing/haloing around them

UHD zoomed in
taQvyT1.png

BD zoomed in
0VCZlAl.png

Really? That's slightly annoying there, but then other sites have done that too.
While it's true that paying immediately can be annoying, it's also pretty handy as you can get the whole thing out of the way and that by the time you reach its release window, you wouldn't need to worry because you had already paid it off.

While it's true that paying immediately can be annoying, it's also pretty handy as you can get the whole thing out of the way and that by the time you reach its release window, you wouldn't need to worry because you had already paid it off.

Oh don't get me wrong, I like using paypal. I'll use it for a lot of stuff, and paying then and there is nice since you know it's sorted.
It's just it had to be the month where a ton of other stuff decided to pop up. And while it's easy enough to wait till the end of the month, that also runs the risk of this selling out. It's hard to know how popular it would be in terms of how fast it will sell.

£49.99

Seems to be already gone, at the least doesn’t work anymore. Also searching for it doesn’t show it anymore.

Back