UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

wait what
How did that happened? While I generally don't have any problems with zavvi, their incompetence can indeed be legendary at times.
they sent me the wrong thing so i asked for a replacement and they sent me the wrong thing again and when i asked again they sent me the wrong thing again which left me ending up with 3 copies of the wrong thing, when i mentioned this they asked me to send them back at my expense

at this point i was annoyed and tired of the situation so i told them if they wanted them back to send me a prepaid box to send them back in and accepted defeat in never getting the thing i wanted and called my bank to do a chargeback, kinda funny really cause their CS usually took weeks to reply back but within 24 hours of doing a chargeback they contacted me to say i was banned from using their site again and iirc i don't think they ever sent anything out for recovery of the stock or attempted to

...and we all know that zavvi ships steels in small boxes, while steels with fullslips in Jiffy bags........ it’s gonna be a massacre! Anime Limited you did the worst deal taking into account that chipboard in a Jiffy bag comes always dented.....Congrats!

Only issue I've had ever had with Zavvi was the time Yodel put my parcel behind the neighbours bin and we didn't find it until a week later...

I've bought a few AL CE's from there and they've always been undamaged.

Not sure how I feel about a steelbook inside a chipboard box for a collectors edition. If its tightly packed in to a box and in friction with the box, will it not be prone to scratches? I think I might end up picking up the standard blu ray as well and switching it out and keep the steelbook somewhere else.

Not sure how I feel about a steelbook inside a chipboard box for a collectors edition. If its tightly packed in to a box and in friction with the box, will it not be prone to scratches? I think I might end up picking up the standard blu ray as well and switching it out and keep the steelbook somewhere else.

Unless you're planning on playing football with the box, I'm pretty sure the steelbook will be ok.

It's fine. Sony have done it with a few of their special editions like God of War.

All the big steelbook companies like HDZeta, Blufans, Mantalab etc.....have their steelbooks wrapped in cellophane inside the fullslip. When the steelbook is ready, it has to be protected some way cause it changes many hands until it goes into the fullslip.

Last edited:
So our Deluxe edition is just the French Collector’s Edition with the DVD swapped out for the 4K BD then?

So our Deluxe edition is just the French Collector’s Edition with the DVD swapped out for the 4K BD then?
They have a 250 unit version for the 4K one.

Anime Limited will be using the Discotek Media discs for the Blu-ray. The Rayearth OVA is on DVD but won't have the Manga Entertainment extras due to licensing challenges.
Thanks for that. Manga's DVD had no extras of any note other than bog standard trailers and weblinks they put on every other DVD they released in that era. Haven't watched it for a while, but most of their DVD's video was over saturated, so it'd be nice to upgrade it.

Got emails from AL to say MSG:IBO pt1 is delayed to 10th August and Megalobox to 31st August. Both due to manufacturing delays.

Got emails from AL to say MSG:IBO pt1 is delayed to 10th August and Megalobox to 31st August. Both due to manufacturing delays.
I had already guessed Megalobox was delayed as it was listed as being released August 31st when the listing appeared on Zavvi earlier in the week.

Back