UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

A little late to be asking now I guess, but anyone know if MVM is handling the fulfillment of these Utena orders?

They tend to just ship everything in jiffy bags rather than stiff cardboard, and a few things I've received from them haven't fared too well in the post, so a little concerned about this one.
Probably they did as most of utena artboxes were received damaged as you can see at the relative thread....to put it simply, MVM handling sux.......

Probably they did as most of utena artboxes were received damaged as you can see at the relative thread....to put it simply, MVM handling sux.......
Well as one customer's copy was bubblewrapped and boxed within another box and still received damaged I don't know how else you expect me to handle the handling. It "sux" for sure when something arrives damaged but nothing's perfect, these things happen. I check beforehand for loose discs/issues with the product before packaging the item/s up.

I ordered it but I can't remember if that's a delay or earlier?! Probably a bad thing I don't even bother looking at gundam release dates anymore... it'll be here when it here 🤷‍♂️
i think it was supposed to be out on monday? i honestly can't remember and i even looked the other day but forgot already

s7Ncg1u.gif

The Gundam 00 movie collection is now coming out the same day as Iron Blooded Orphans Part 2, unless that changes as well, obviously.

IBO Part 1 is still scheduled for a week on Monday, if you want to keep up with the three Gundams in the pipeline at the moment!

Weird question but does anyone know the deal with Zavvi’s Anime Limited stock? They’re telling me that Promare’s CE is;

‘on special order for you with our supplier but at this time they are unable to give me a date for when they will have it back in stock’

But given that it’s OOS on AL’s website I’m inclined to think they’re just fobbing me off and will cancel the order right around the time it’s sold out everywhere.

Speaking from experience here, see if you can find it elsewhere if they are making you wait.
I ordered the limited edition of Goblin Slayer off them back when it came out, and they made me wait a week before announcing they'd no longer be able to fulfil my order. Which made acquiring a copy difficult to say the least, even if I managed it in the end (for more than I was initially going to pay but it was practically sold out due to the delays they caused).

The only other time I've had an order processed by MVM arrive damaged was my SSSS.GRIDMAN Collector's Edition, and they were quick to sort out a replacement when I contacted them. In that instance, I put the blame on Manga UK's design of the release - which had a flimsy box of extras attached to the outside of the sturdier (and heavier) main set. Any bit of pressure on the main set, would obviously crush the extras.

My Utena set was packed nicely - the usual sized box with bubble wrap around it. I wonder if the issue wasn't so much the packaging, but the set itself? The outer box is thinner than those used in previous Anime Limited sets (as you can see in the image below, compared with Your Lie in April's) but as the box holds more content (and thus more weight), it might be more vulnerable to movement in transit?

IMG_20200716_130153.jpg

I’m inclined to think you’re all overreacting. Both mine and my brother’s Utena sets arrived today and they both seem to be immaculate.

Oh no I show I love I don’t want a set to be damaged. Though my bigger issue is them using those amarays with stacking for set 1 and 2 then a elite case for 3 (Cos 4 discs)

The only other time I've had an order processed by MVM arrive damaged was my SSSS.GRIDMAN Collector's Edition, and they were quick to sort out a replacement when I contacted them. In that instance, I put the blame on Manga UK's design of the release - which had a flimsy box of extras attached to the outside of the sturdier (and heavier) main set. Any bit of pressure on the main set, would obviously crush the extras.

My Utena set was packed nicely - the usual sized box with bubble wrap around it. I wonder if the issue wasn't so much the packaging, but the set itself? The outer box is thinner than those used in previous Anime Limited sets (as you can see in the image below, compared with Your Lie in April's) but as the box holds more content (and thus more weight), it might be more vulnerable to movement in transit?

IMG_20200716_130153.jpg
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion: The Movie Trilogy is the exact same style as Revolutionary Girl Utena and that survived perfectly fine. I suspect what has happened with Utena is more or less down to just a bad batch and bad luck overall.

I ain't going to bother asking for a replacement anyway unless they amend the rotation of the spine as they stated on both Discord and their Blog post that it would be fixed in the final product.

Back