UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Isn't the Trailblazer movie just a compilation of the OAVs?

I wish they'd take the money when they ship - I understand why - but still...

To be fair, it has the OVAs so it's technically 4 movies as I'm pretty sure they're all feature-length (I admit I haven't seen them myself so one of the Gundam fans may correct me if I'm mistaken.)
Yes there are 4 movies but the 3 OVAs are the entire show with new scenes and on top of that, they are only in Japanese with English subs. Only Trailblazer movie has English dub.

Last edited:
With Madman releasing the movie edit of Anne of Green Gables, is there any chance of AL bringing it out here or, even better, the series?

I was tempted to import from Madman but in the end I have a hard time to justify buying what is essentially only the first six episodes of a fifty episodes long series. Which is counter intuitive, I know, since if this isn't a big sell there is zero chance for Madman bringing the rest of the series over. The bottom line I try to convey is that if - and this is a far off possibility - AL or any other British company would bring it over then please bring the whole series over, don't just limit the release to what would be an incomplete version.

I was tempted to import from Madman but in the end I have a hard time to justify buying what is essentially only the first six episodes of a fifty episodes long series. Which is counter intuitive, I know, since if this isn't a big sell there is zero chance for Madman bringing the rest of the series over. The bottom line I try to convey is that if - and this is a far off possibility - AL or any other British company would bring it over then please bring the whole series over, don't just limit the release to what would be an incomplete version.

I agree with this, if Madman were releasing the series then I would have pre-ordered as soon as it was possible - no question. A movie edit (a glorified extra really) has decidedly less appeal, but it's a rock/hard place situation as if it doesn't sell well then it's just going to perpetuate the idea that there isn't a market for this kind of content. Hopefully the buzz around Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! will lead to someone licensing Future Boy Conan...

As the English dub is owned by Studio 100, the German publisher, they could add it to their releases - but unfortunaly went cheap (with 50 eps on 4 DVDs). But we should keep our eyes open, as it is possible that another overseas DVD could include english dub...

I agree with this, if Madman were releasing the series then I would have pre-ordered as soon as it was possible - no question. A movie edit (a glorified extra really) has decidedly less appeal, but it's a rock/hard place situation as if it doesn't sell well then it's just going to perpetuate the idea that there isn't a market for this kind of content. Hopefully the buzz around Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! will lead to someone licensing Future Boy Conan...

isnt that ip still stuck ?

isnt that ip still stuck ?

I've never heard so from any authoritative source, just things along the lines of 'it hasn't been released, so there must be rights issues' but that hasn't prevented a release in France, Italy and Spain. I wouldn't be surprised if it came down to NHK / Nippon putting a high price tag on it.

Isn't the Trailblazer movie just a compilation of the OAVs?

I wish they'd take the money when they ship - I understand why - but still...
Trailblazer is an original movie. The breakdown is thus:

Season one- 25 episodes.
Season two- 25 episodes, set 4 years later.
Movie- Set 2 years later.

The 3 compilations cover the 50 episode TV show.

Aside from that, there's a range of light novels and manga that occur before, during and after the animated works. 00P for instance covers the testing of the second generation Gundams in the years before the first episode of the anime.

I am still discovering the wonderful world of Gundam but you need a f´n Bachelor Degree to understand the whole thing (well, not the show itself but the timelines, arrangements of series, OVA, movies etc. ^^ )

I see March Comes in Like a Lion: S1 Part 1 is now under Titles Nearly Out-of-Print. Hopefully that is a sign that there is a market to bring S2 over to eventually.

Ye think it was something about March season 2 mainly being about time, probably aniplex wanting a long exclusivity period. Sound season 2 I think he said it was possible, but seemed quite unlikely.

We ain’t got the retellings so even with S2 the English sets are incomplete so I never bothered (and ALs S1 ain’t the best disc quality so no point having great S2 discs if S1’s aren’t)

Got both Sound and March last year when they had the "School-Starting-Thingie" sale. Sadly, unlike March (which far exceeded my already high expectations), Sound was a bit of a let down to be honest. Which is weird since I generally like Kyoani stuff. Is the S2 better then the first one?

Back