UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

did anyone else get the AL exclusive Wing box and not have the piece of paper on the back glued on? it more or less fell off when i took the shrinkwrap off but fortunately it fits inside the box

did anyone else get the AL exclusive Wing box and not have the piece of paper on the back glued on? it more or less fell off when i took the shrinkwrap off but fortunately it fits inside the box
Yeah they didn't glue it on which to be honest is for the best because I've noticed with their recent sets that the glue stuff has gotten worse and more frustrating. Years ago it used to be like 1-2 dots that were really easy to take off but nowadays it's like 3-4 which can leave a mark on the box.

Yeah they didn't glue it on which to be honest is for the best because I've noticed with their recent sets that the glue stuff has gotten worse and more frustrating. Years ago it used to be like 1-2 dots that were really easy to take off but nowadays it's like 3-4 which can leave a mark on the box.
that's mainly why i always left them on to avoid damaging the boxes

While I haven't gotten the AL exclusive Gundam Wing Box (or anything Gundam related for that matter, but that doesn't mean I won't be buying a Gundam set), my Ajin: Demi-Human Season 2 CE didn't have the info sheet glued on, so something tells me it's going to be a recurring thing, but I could be wrong.

While I haven't gotten the AL exclusive Gundam Wing Box (or anything Gundam related for that matter, but that doesn't mean I won't be buying a Gundam set), my Ajin: Demi-Human Season 2 CE didn't have the info sheet glued on, so something tells me it's going to be a recurring thing, but I could be wrong.
Ah, I can shed some light on that. There are some new manufacturing processes behind the scenes we're wanting to implement and not having to use glue dots for that is one of them. So the fact you guys have noticed that (and are seemingly happy with that?) is a good sign!

I'm sure you guys can appreciate it's early days on that front, but we're hoping (fingers crossed) this will be possible for the long haul. So all going well this will be a regular thing - or at least will gradually become a regular thing. Hope that helps :)

So AL has pretty much gone back to their fugly logo spines on a majority of their CE releases... ugh. Two out of the three I just received have them. The spine is critical because that is what you are displaying to the public when they are lined up on a media shelf, and I don't really want to see that red elephant butt all over my shelves. To me their logo spine appearance equates to Funimation's green S.A.V.E. spines. This will surely cause me to cut back on future CE purchases; I'll definitely need to check the spine art before importing any more AL sets. I only have 6 AL CE sets with a logo spine (now 8 with the two I just received) out of over 65 UK releases on my shelf. I guess I'll have to hide those 8 in a closet somewhere. 🤢

Genuine question, what did you receive?
Because (excluding our upcoming release of The Dragon Dentist) I don't recall us having to use that spine design on the rigid case itself in blooming ages.

Off the top of my head (and this literally me going from memory, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), I think the last time we had to use that style of spine on the rigid case was for the Kokkoku and Castelvania collector's edition sets, both released around May/June time last year.

Ah, I can shed some light on that. There are some new manufacturing processes behind the scenes we're wanting to implement and not having to use glue dots for that is one of them. So the fact you guys have noticed that (and are seemingly happy with that?) is a good sign!

I'm sure you guys can appreciate it's early days on that front, but we're hoping (fingers crossed) this will be possible for the long haul. So all going well this will be a regular thing - or at least will gradually become a regular thing. Hope that helps :)

I can definitely say that I'm happy with the lack of glue dots on the CEs, as that means less messing about with them every time I open a CE and remove the info sheet on the back. Here's hoping it does become a regular thing, but as you rightly said, it's early days.

as long as the paper fits inside the box i guess it's perfectly fine with me

Genuine question, what did you receive?
Because (excluding our upcoming release of The Dragon Dentist) I don't recall us having to use that spine design on the rigid case itself in blooming ages.

Off the top of my head (and this literally me going from memory, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), I think the last time we had to use that style of spine on the rigid case was for the Kokkoku and Castelvania collector's edition sets, both released around May/June time last year.

Hi Jeremy, yes, I just picked up Kokkuku and Fireworks, the latter having a slipcover, so that is Ok if the box is clean underneath AND has the title on the spine, so it's still identifiable on the shelf without the slip. Although, I would rather put releases on the shelf with their slipcovers intact; I don't really want to remove them, since they are part of the complete package - but then that huge logo remains. Also, I have a habit of leaving the shrink-wrap on to protect the CE sets from shelf wear, and I'll just slit a "door" in the wrap on the open side of the box with a razor knife to get the contents out. With the shrink-wrap still on, I wouldn't be able to remove the logo slip even if I wanted to. Sigh, such a conundrum, lol... Well, you can't please everyone, so just ignore my petty little rants! :)

In actuality, I only have two CE titles with the logo printed directly on the spine of the box - Kokkuku, and 009 Re:Cyborg 3D. The rest have removable slips, or, in the case of the Gankutsuou steelcase, an obi/belly band.

Last edited:
Finally got round to watching Mai Mai Miracle, this film has perfect subtitles! Font, size, outlines, everything is just right! Use these for everything please.

Yeah, no glue dots are a good move forward! I which Rage of Bahamut hadn't any when I got in the 2018 Xmas sale since it ripped the back of the box ever so slightly 😭, though I'm sure the dot has been on for so long by that point didn't help

Yeah, no glue dots are a good move forward! I which Rage of Bahamut hadn't any when I got in the 2018 Xmas sale since it ripped the back of the box ever so slightly 😭, though I'm sure the dot has been on for so long by that point didn't help

Would that glue they use soften up at all if you were to heat it up gently with a heat gun or hair dryer first? Has anyone tried that on their Info sheet dots?

Would that glue they use soften up at all if you were to heat it up gently with a heat gun or hair dryer first? Has anyone tried that on their Info sheet dots?
It might have done? I wasn't really expecting it to take a piece of the back with it at the time since the only issues with releases after RoB are residue outlines or the odd rise where the glue not was. I'm just glad the rip is small and on the back of the box so I can let it slide.

Ok, well, it was a general question for anyone here, just wondering if anyone had tried to heat the dots up on any of the releases that had them, to soften the glue before trying to remove it... I've got a lot of AL CE sets with info sheets on the back that I haven't removed the shrink-wrap from, so I may not even want to try taking the sheets off those after such a long period of time.

Did anyone try oil yet? It works wonders with removing stickers. (Though you really have to pay attention to not make a mess with the oil.) I haven't had any of those glue dots yet to try it on.

Back