UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

No, but I'm all set to give it a try...

motor-oil-filters-header.jpg

😁

But we are talking about removing an info sheet without the glue dots behind them tearing up either the surface of the art box or the info sheet itself, and not stickers - stickers are a completely different beast, so I don't think methods for removing stickers would be as applicable here.

Last edited:
I've found that the easiest way to remove stickers is to roll them off with my fingernails (being careful not to gouge the surface) and then remove the sticker residue with at least 91% isopropyl alcohol using a soft rag.

Terror in Resonance has been listed on Amazon with a collector's edition Blu-ray set that contains a 36-page storyboard booklet which seems to be the exact same as the French release. Listed for 18th May 2020.

I've found that the easiest way to remove stickers is to roll them off with my fingernails (being careful not to gouge the surface) and then remove the sticker residue with at least 91% isopropyl alcohol using a soft rag.
That would condition it would not rub off the surface. Which it usually always flies for me. =×

i just noticed that both someone at disney buggered up by releasing 2 weeks early and that there's more gundam stuff releasing on monday than there is star wars

I feel like the only person who has never had a problem with the glue dots after reading all this lol. Just gently peel it off, if there is any residue you can rub it away with your thumb.
Yeah, I've never had a problem with AL's glue dots. The stuff some companies use is crap (the stuff that's harder is particularly bad when applied to matte finish boxes, it has a tendency to lift the matte finish) but whatever AL's manufacturers use has always rolled off just fine for me. I don't give a toss about the info sheets however, I guess if you did it could be a different story. But then I'd be tempted to ask why.

Sometimes when I've removed info sheets from the box, if it was a stiffer glue being used, the force needed to separate the glue from the box caused very slight raised dimples on the box - but usually not that noticeable. That's why I asked if anyone had tried to heat the glue with a hairdryer or heat gun a bit before removing the info sheet.

I always put the detached info sheet inside the box, trimming the edges if necessary to fit.

I feel like the only person who has never had a problem with the glue dots after reading all this lol. Just gently peel it off, if there is any residue you can rub it away with your thumb.

I only ever had a problem once, and annoying it ripped off a chunk of the box. Didn't even realise they could stick to it that much until then since I never had a problem before that.

Bummer. Was hoping to make a "2 x combo" of pre-ordering but I already got the UE.

Hopefully, there is something new and exciting next time!

No it seems to be only for the new versions CEs so like ASV 2 and this etc...and if they did that I would never buy from AL again. Them using digipacks is the only thing that makes like their current CEs with posters that add nothing and small <30pg books.
FUNi has finally learnt to include 50pg + books while ALs are shrinking what has happened

Ditto here - I specifically import AL CE sets because of their digipaks, which we almost never get over here in the US. I also like the narrower spines of the art boxes, so they don't take up so much extra room on my media shelves.

Back