UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Something they announced donkey years ago..... and sentai released donkey years and that waiting got a 24 pg book.... yay..............
Also aired free on NHK world ages ago....

All I know about is its Khara but not Anno so I haven't watched it as have too much to watch

Starting to seem Sunrise likes putting Turn A to the bottom of the pile

So far they've failed to release either of the films in the US on Bluray or made a move in the UK/FR

Something they announced donkey years ago..... and sentai released donkey years and that waiting got a 24 pg book.... yay..............
Also aired free on NHK world ages ago....

All I know about is its Khara but not Anno so I haven't watched it as have too much to watch

In fairness then - if you haven't watched it as you have too much stuff to watch then the delay makes no difference to you then :D! I'm glad this has worked out really well for you timing-wise. Now hurry up on your back catalog so you've space come the December 2021 (TBC) sale to buy it if you're planning on waiting :D.

- Andrew

if AL are more open to doing blu-ray releases of short length episode animes i wouldn't mind seeing Aho-Girl, To Be Hero/Heroine, or Magical Sempai since those are locked in the streaming dungeon licensed by crunchyroll

Early Bird - £19.99 - The Dragon Dentist (Collector's Edition Blu-ray & DVD) - 8th June 2020

So AL has pretty much gone back to their fugly logo spines on a majority of their CE releases... ugh. Two out of the three I just received have them. The spine is critical because that is what you are displaying to the public when they are lined up on a media shelf, and I don't really want to see that red elephant butt all over my shelves. To me their logo spine appearance equates to Funimation's green S.A.V.E. spines. This will surely cause me to cut back on future CE purchases; I'll definitely need to check the spine art before importing any more AL sets. I only have 6 AL CE sets with a logo spine (now 8 with the two I just received) out of over 65 UK releases on my shelf. I guess I'll have to hide those 8 in a closet somewhere. 🤢

So AL has pretty much gone back to their fugly logo spines on a majority of their CE releases... ugh. Two out of the three I just received have them. The spine is critical because that is what you are displaying to the public when they are lined up on a media shelf, and I don't really want to see that red elephant butt all over my shelves. To me their logo spine appearance equates to Funimation's green S.A.V.E. spines. This will surely cause me to cut back on future CE purchases; I'll definitely need to check the spine art before importing any more AL sets. I only have 6 AL CE sets with a logo spine (now 8 with the two I just received) out of over 65 UK releases on my shelf. I guess I'll have to hide those 8 in a closet somewhere. 🤢

I don't like them much either but its really only like 5% of their CE's (If that) that have Logo's these days. Fireworks CE is clean underneath the slipcover so I don't mind those.

The spines sure make their brand stand out, but I definitely think they should be more subtle. There's a method of marking "yep, this is ours" without conflicting with the product itself. A small watermark like logo above the product code would be enough, similar to how the Funi/Crunchy releases used their logos (for example the AssClass CE boxes were perfectly acceptable).

Back