UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Wasn't Prison School a huge hit though? When it aired I saw nothing but memes for it for weeks.

FYI AssClass has already been re-released by them.
I would say Prison School has a cult following of sorts, like it's loved but also divisive (the manga's conclusion also made things a bit more niche for the series).

Prison School is easily one of the better ecchi series out there and probably one of the funniest comedies too. Unfortunately it also falls into the long list of anime that need another season!

I think it ended pretty well, the story of the boys in prison was done and while I haven't read the manga from what I can see on reviews of the manga on MAL lots of people were not happy about the later parts of the manga.

Between the anime ending and the less popular arcs there's still 100+chapters that people loved. The main complaint with the manga seemes to be the pacing and that could easily be improved with an anime, the ending could always be tweaked too.

Yes it was by FUNi UK when they worked with AL. Prison School was released by them too
As Doc mentioned, select Funimation UK titles are coming back under the Manga Entertainment label properly. So far only High School DxD BorN and Prison School have been confirmed. The rest of the DxD franchise is coming back either way considering it's a popular franchise.

Ah, thanks. I figured it was some release of some kind but I didn't think that it might be due to the change in licence holder.

Forgot to mention the Miyazaki doc arrived. Not sure if it's even worth opening the package, hense no post on the received thread.
I could re-use it to send it back if they want me to?

Email yesterday, G Reco movie 2 has been delayed indefinitely due to the state of things in Japan.

Annoying. Was hoping we'd get through the movies during the Brexit transition year but can't blame Japan for COVID-19 or English stupidity.

The discs used the Funimation master so that will be the same either way.
i meant the discs themself, whatever funimation stuff was left over from AL was just labelled as manga stuff on AoL but i have no idea if any stickers were placed to cover any AL stuff or if it was all left intact

Endless Waltz has been pushed back to 11th of May now, according to Amazon.

Just to put this out there, with the way things currently are, stock being available through other retailers by originally intended dates is in a bit of flux. So dates elsewhere compared to our shop will be shifting on a case by case basis slightly; this is an example of that.

For this specifically, we're expecting orders from our shop to begin shipping next week (or maybe sooner if the stars align!) all being well. Hope that helps 👍

Just to put this out there, with the way things currently are, stock being available through other retailers by originally intended dates is in a bit of flux. So dates elsewhere compared to our shop will be shifting on a case by case basis slightly; this is an example of that.

For this specifically, we're expecting orders from our shop to begin shipping next week (or maybe sooner if the stars align!) all being well. Hope that helps 👍
That makes sense. Hopefully Endless Waltz ships on time (and the same goes for Gundam 0083).

An explosive trivia for Konosuba fans: If Anime Limited is going to use Discotek's disc, it's on a single Blu-ray disc. Usually, these would be alarming but Discotek has done this for years and there have been no issues reported so I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

Considering digipack for a single disc looks pretty weird, an amaray case would be a better suit especially for reversible artwork.

Perhaps it could then become a complete set with both seasons instead then? 🤔

But single disc digipacks are a staple in Germany already, don#t think that's that weird. Some of them can actually look somewhat decent.

Back