UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I just can’t believe people spent £100 on that when there is 5 of them. I could spend £500 on Rec in G or £500 on anything else it wasn’t hard.
Then again I do have the UC versions of Victory preordered because I want a CE for that

I support Gundam just not that one. I’m not support Tomino’s fever dream I’m gonna fix version. (Will when Nozomi release it but not £500) I am really looking forward to X. These retellings im not.

I support Gundam just not that one. I’m not support Tomino’s fever dream I’m gonna fix version. (Will when Nozomi release it but not £500) I am really looking forward to X. These retellings im not.
The first one was only £90 with the MCM discount code. And I’m sure we’ll all be double dipping on the eventual AL releases.

I regret not buying the Thunderbolt imports and waiting for AL’s. Not making that mistake again

I'm definitely buying the Hathaway's Flash movies via import (presuming they will be offered), but I passed on movie versions of something I already own and wasn't that fond of the first time (though I don't think it's AS bad as a lot of people make out...)

Promare - Collector's Dual Format Edition from Anime Ltd!

Release Date: 01 June 2020

12465185-2764742976707439.jpg

I’m finding that all the sites already have it live but then again I can’t imagine AL announcing it with ART NOT FINAL as it seems pointless opening preorders without knowing what it is

Mirai and Promare were both November in the cinema. Mirai CE came out late July.

Because they use an incompetent French authoring company (most likely because they're cheap and they- AL- have home video rights in France), they shipped it out quicker I'm guessing. (I don't know for sure if the encodes between UK and FR are the same, but I'd bet they are, because why produce a separate encode for another country's disc if you own rights in two countries?) AL's French branch doesn't have the rights to Promare, so they'll either have to use the GKids disc via a rights agreement or have some random freelancer in the UK do the disc. Plus, Mirai's home video release in Japan was earlier than Promare's in Japan (just came out there), so the waiting game was shorter.

Because they use an incompetent French authoring company (most likely because they're cheap and they- AL- have home video rights in France), they shipped it out quicker I'm guessing. (I don't know for sure if the encodes between UK and FR are the same, but I'd bet they are, because why produce a separate encode for another country's disc if you own rights in two countries?)
The UK and French discs of Mirai are not the same. I don't even think they're done by the same authoring house, since the UK BD has optional subtitles. The French authored discs never seem to have optional subs.

Back