UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

does the Origin I-IV CE still pop up on the convention stands at all still?

If you're trying to find one, I think the French version (same discs as the English one) can still be found with relative ease. I recently saw a copy selling for 25€ at a shop in Paris, but I don't know about any online shops.

vjw2pK5.png

If you're trying to find one, I think the French version (same discs as the English one) can still be found with relative ease. I recently saw a copy selling for 25€ at a shop in Paris, but I don't know about any online shops.
thanks for the help but i'd prefer to get an english copy, in the unplanned case that i need to sell it it'll be easier to get rid of than a foreign language box

Might run the numbers this afternoon and see if I can afford a day trip up to Glasgow on the Monday and do these two. There's also a Vampiro documentary on in between which would fill time.

So yes I know I’m 2 years late but the Sound Euphonium BD does not have signs subbed, which is weird when the CR stream has them subbed.
Unfortunately, the prioritising dialogue over signs is due to the French authoring lacking the ability to show dialogue and signs at the same time (although at one point, they translated the sign "To Be Continued" instead of Kumiko's final line in episode 3, although it's the same line every episode).

Yes, I noticed that too. As in the ep 4 start with all the on screen text when the president finished speaking it said “president” so it does seem they couldn’t show both a shame really, when every other company can do it. But no S2 so that’s the bigger issue.

Unfortunately, the prioritising dialogue over signs is due to the French authoring lacking the ability to show dialogue and signs at the same time (although at one point, they translated the sign "To Be Continued" instead of Kumiko's final line in episode 3, although it's the same line every episode).

Alot of the issues I do hear about AL can all be pointed back to this french authoring team. So the logical question I need to ask is why do AL still use them?

My spam filter randomly decided to catch a Weathering From You email. Looking it over, I think it was being polite because I'm not in the list of reviewer quotes, ha...

Penguin Highway delayed till March 9th:

Penguin Highway will now be released on 9th March, a few weeks later than the previously advertised date.

We sincerely apologies for this delay. This has unfortunately come about due to there being a delay in the manufacturing of these products which we were informed about today by our production house.

I will add that all going well we're hoping to have stock ahead of that date, so as soon as stock is available we will be sending your order accordingly. So this delay does not impact the status of your order at all.

Back