UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

RHV9v5V.png

They should also offer to refund postage via Paypal based on the info on the site so I'd suggest asking.
NOTE: When arranging an exchange we ask the customer to send the product back to our offices in Glasgow - address will be supplied when you contact [email protected] about this.

The customer must pay the shipping cost to return the item, but this cost will be refunded in the form of a coupon code for use on our AllTheAnime.com web shop or through PayPal.
Anime Limited/AllTheAnime.com DOES NOT provide pre-paid shipping labels for any returns.

RHV9v5V.png
I'd caution against copy-pasting posts by other people from other forums. Are they okay with you doing this? Personally I wouldn't be particularly happy if my posts were treated in this way, I'd think if someone wanted to post here, they'd do so themselves.

Plus if they've already established a dialogue with them over the return, would consulting AL's terms and conditions and querying them directly not be a better way to go about this than making public insinuations about the legality of their returns process?

Last edited:
I'd caution against copy-pasting posts by other people from other forums. Are they okay with you doing this? Personally I wouldn't be particularly happy if my posts were treated in this way, I'd think if someone wanted to post here, they'd do so themselves.

Plus if they've already established a dialogue with them over the return, would consulting AL's terms and conditions and querying them directly not be a better way to go about this than making public insinuations about the legality of their returns process?
I dunno about that, but whatever (From what I've read in another post they probably don't seem to mind). Regardless of the legality, offering a discount code by default without offering the paypal refund first or alongside is not the best move. While I do think people should read the T&C, I bet half of them don't and aren't aware of the other option.

Last edited:
I dunno about that, but whatever. Regardless of the legality, offering a discount code by default without offering the paypal refund first or alongside is not the best move.
I'd still always try to sort something out with the company in question before badmouthing them on the internet (while I'm sure most companies including AL would be perfectly professional about it, you can bet there are some that would take that as an excuse to be petty). You can disagree with a company's policy, but if that is their publicly stated policy which is available to read on their website, it's kind of on the consumer to make sure they agree to that before purchasing from them. And like others have said, if a Paypal refund is stated as an option in their T's & C's, just ask for that.

I'd still always try to sort something out with the company in question before badmouthing them on the internet (while I'm sure most companies including AL would be perfectly professional about it, you can bet there are some that would take that as an excuse to be petty). You can disagree with a company's policy, but if that is their publicly stated policy which is available to read on their website, it's kind of on the consumer to make sure they agree to that before purchasing from them. And like others have said, if a Paypal refund is stated as an option in their T's & C's, just ask for that.
Yes, it's on the consumer to check the T&C, but there are always people that aren't assertive consumers.

But anyway, I've decided to delete the post. OP should be aware of the Paypal option by now and OP can choose to go after the Paypal refund (or not).

Eh...I think realistically, if you post something on a public online area, you have to expect it can/will be used somewhere else. Whether it's a forum post, a tweet, an Instagram photo, some artwork for someone else to steal and claim as their own or whatever - once you've posted, control of it is out of your hands.

A post I made here on AUKN was printed in Mym's letters page. They didn't ask me if I was OK with it.

One of my tweets was printed in Kerrang once - I saw it when I just happened to buy the magazine that week (which I only do when I like who's on the cover).

The Metro newspaper used one of my tweets in one of their online articles (maybe it was printed too, no idea) - I only found it by Googling my Twitter name one day when I was bored.

I chose to post my comments in a wide open public domain, so I think it would have been a bit unreasonable for me to have been upset about any of it.

Back