UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I think Ballroom will be bigger didn’t need a CE and the discs are bad like bad due to copy pasted amazon subs which people haven’t complained about for 3 years or anything and no on discs extras not even OP or EDs. I hope their other self authors are better.

I think Ballroom will be bigger didn’t need a CE and the discs are bad like bad due to copy pasted amazon subs which people haven’t complained about for 3 years or anything.
I reckon Ballroom has a chance. It's probably down to Anime Limited wanting to switch focus towards Gundam for the whole of the second half of the year so that they can make up for their slow pace.
It really upsets me that Samurai Flamenco flopped. When I finally saw it I was it was brilliant.
Yep. I remember watching Kill la Kill and Samurai Flamenco as one of my first simulcasts and felt the latter was much better (then Kill la Kill pulled off a twist and my opinion just reversed lol). I still enjoyed Samurai Flamenco enough to own it on Blu-ray.

For both Violet and Ballroom they have acknowledge the sub errors and are correcting them or just very slow. Cos AU Gundam is an easy seller well those two. I do wonder what will happen with Seed.

i wonder if there's any chance of AL obtaining the licenses to the 3 Psycho Pass Sinners of The System movies and pulling some sort of all in 1 bundle or doing somthing like they're currently doing with the Code Geass movies

Twin Star Exorcists was not well-received during its simulcast, part of the reason was down to studio Pierrot who are known for butchering anime adaptations and adding pointless filler. The anime being 50 episodes long and split into four parts can put off buyers especially at the asking price. Another reason I reckon is down to Anime Limited's handling of the series - a box for all four parts is perfectly fine by all means, however adding booklets for parts two to four I felt was more of a case of trying to ramp up the price when the show doesn't have much value to begin with. I feel this was a big misstep for the distributor. Like booklets are great and all, but sometimes it's worth taking a step back and think to yourself whether this show or release really warranted it. At this rate, it's probably their biggest flop since Samurai Flamenco.

Note: This is just my opinion on the matter.
Fair point about the way it was received but I'll add this about the Gundam reasoning,
Gundam can't really be an excuse for their poor release schedule as far as TSE goes, TSE was started September 18, so to use Gundam as an excuse is bogus, when did AL start there huge push on Gundam this year, August, maybe July, so it's unrelated, if they had got their finger out last year, released it, if you take a sales hit, learn from it, but to use Gundam as a reason is straight up wrong, I know everybody else is tired of this, even I'm considering iditching the UK release and importing now, it's beyond a joke.
While we're here and talking about schedules, we were never told what on earth they were doing for the first 3 months of the year, Iknow what happened with the xmas sale and that was a root cause but I won't go into that here. Perhaps then would have been the time they should have done something about their backlog, rather than what they were.

Pretty much all of the Gundam stuff has been stuff that was previously BBFC'd in the days of DVD. Note that the 00 movie and specials (all 4 of which never had UK releases) and Endless Waltz (which is coming with all the extra content, likewise never previously UK released) are on the backburner.

Not saying your frustration for TSE is invalid, but Gundam's 40th in UK amounts to "Congrats, here's some stuff we had a financial hurdle removed from so can release it relatively quickly!"

Build Fighters, Turn A, etc...all still in the land of 'when, if ever?'

I'm really interested to know what's going on with SEED. Last I was aware they were producing a new NY dub for the HD versions but that was well over a year ago. I remember LittleKuriboh's wife was working on it as an engineer I think.

I'm really interested to know what's going on with SEED. Last I was aware they were producing a new NY dub for the HD versions but that was well over a year ago. I remember LittleKuriboh's wife was working on it as an engineer I think.
The UCE will have the original dub too. DVDS or SD BD we don’t know. But yeah HD Remaster version will have a NY Post dub so no idea if UK will get any.

And again, Gundam release schedules have nought to do with TSE, 40th aniversary or not, it's still unrelated, TSE should have been finished and done well before Gundam was started.
I do feel sorry for those that follow Gundam, as you may tell, I'm not one, To be left without any news whatsoever is beyond annoying for a franchise you follow/love/enjoy or all,
I have never once moaned about Gundam being pushed when other things should or could have been released and I am not now either.
I just find this whole thing rather daft, something that's taken or will take 14month to complete is beyond a joke, and not a funny one (at least a funny one you'd get a laugh)

I think if we got Seed I don't see us getting anything other than just the HD remaster with the new dub
I hope not. The HD version is a really bad upscale attempt (in some cases they literally just zoomed in on the pre-widescreen shots to make it rectangular) and even changes some things.

I'm really not sure why Meer's nipples were a priority.

And again, Gundam release schedules have nought to do with TSE, 40th aniversary or not, it's still unrelated, TSE should have been finished and done well before Gundam was started.
I do feel sorry for those that follow Gundam, as you may tell, I'm not one, To be left without any news whatsoever is beyond annoying for a franchise you follow/love/enjoy or all,
I have never once moaned about Gundam being pushed when other things should or could have been released and I am not now either.
I just find this whole thing rather daft, something that's taken or will take 14month to complete is beyond a joke, and not a funny one (at least a funny one you'd get a laugh)
Hey the Gundam attempt came way to late Im on the Nozomi ship 1000% at this point as the 00 not you ain’t getting a UE debacle burnt the last bridge I had remaining.

And I think the Movie footage works quite well in the HD remaster of Seed

Where is Unicorn or F91 or V my three wanted UC CEs
I mean F91 is UHD now so that's probably why thats delayed.
CCA got the UHD treatment in Japan too though, I honestly don’t see the UK getting Gundam UHD releases - The market is already small and can you imagine how much they’d have to charge for them to satisfy Sunrise and turn a profit?
The only gundam series left that I want released (that haven’t been announced yet) are unicorn, g gundam, turn A, war in the pocket and 08th MS Team.
I feel like UC OVAs would be a good move, I see a lot of love for them on AUKN but I don’t recall any of them receiving UK releases in the DVD era. Slightly selfish because I’d just like to have a complete UC collection in AL’s lovely boxes, but I do think War in the Pocket, 08th MS Team, Unicorn etc. would be winners. I’d certainly prioritise them over anything Seed...

CCA got the UHD treatment in Japan too though, I honestly don’t see the UK getting Gundam UHD releases - The market is already small and can you imagine how much they’d have to charge for them to satisfy Sunrise and turn a profit?

I feel like UC OVAs would be a good move, I see a lot of love for them on AUKN but I don’t recall any of them receiving UK releases in the DVD era. Slightly selfish because I’d just like to have a complete UC collection in AL’s lovely boxes, but I do think War in the Pocket, 08th MS Team, Unicorn etc. would be winners. I’d certainly prioritise them over anything Seed...
Well Discotek is providing small distributors in America can make UHD Work.
And CCA was delayed for a bit cos of the UHD BD hanners said so last year.
I can see War in the pocket coming, though it was overrated.

Unicom is at least essential if they plan to do Narrative. That movie is incomprehensible if you haven't seen Unicorn at worst, the whole main UC timeline to that point at best.

Back