UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

It coming out later has its upside... Lesser wait for Ressurection (which I can't think noones going to grab). Stupid me had somehow thought Movie 3 was Resurrrection, so I just watched my Funi Steelbook. Only to find out that even the JP release of the movie is only due in December, so any release outside probably will take something like another year.

are these Code Geass movies just like the 2nd Attack on titan movie but with bits added here and there or are they more comparable to the Evangelion 1.11.2.22.3.33 movies?

are these Code Geass movies just like the 2nd Attack on titan movie but with bits added here and there or are they more comparable to the Evangelion 1.11.2.22.3.33 movies?

There are actual changes to the fates of characters, and how scenes turn out.

They aren't purely just cutting some scenes, and adding some new ones

Cool at £20 I am interested but I am hearing mixed oppinions on this series when I search for it. I also take it from the above posts that these are recap movies that retcon some things like the Gundam Movie Trilogy does? I'll see if I can find it on crunchyroll later

They are technically different universe it’s their cop out to keep the amazing ending of the show. So the shows happen in their own universe while these three films and the sequel Re;Surrection happens in its own universe

Cool at £20 I am interested but I am hearing mixed oppinions on this series when I search for it. I also take it from the above posts that these are recap movies that retcon some things like the Gundam Movie Trilogy does? I'll see if I can find it on crunchyroll later

The recap films aren't on crunchyroll.

The TV series is also not on CR

They are technically different universe it’s their cop out to keep the amazing ending of the show. So the shows happen in their own universe while these three films and the sequel Re;Surrection happens in its own universe

It was a pretty massive cop out since they didn't want to uncanonise the TV series, but they wanted to make a sequel so they have effectively uncanonised it, but by officially stating they are different timelines they try to keep both sides happy

Personally I think the series is incredible. Different views on justice going at each other with a fantasy element that allows all sort of clever tricks and games to be played. That side of the show a has sort of Death Note feel to it. It also has some cool mecha and great action on top of a large cast of interesting characters and a story you cant predict. The finale is also bloody good!

Saw movie 1 but havent seen the others yet so wont pass judgement on them at this time.

Hmmm I am curious but generally dislike blind buying. The (early bird) price is absolutely right for me but I am seeing abit of hate for the films.

Never been this conflicted with an Anime release before lol.

Thanks for the info but that's a definite hard pass at that price for a blind buy. If I like the film I will look at it though.
That's probably... a bit of the harder way to go. The film focuses on the more serious parts and the core character relations. (Others get reduced to a point their whole character could have been just written out completely.) If you go from the movie, you're in for a sudden surge in Pizza Hut ads, fanservice and school life comedy and... some other nonsense. Mind you, that nonsense does give life to a bunch of side characters is at times so overdone it's hilarious and the skill of pulling cliffhangers in every episode of R2 while doing a helluva lot nonsense with a straight face is an art to behold.

(Not that it kicked out all of it's humor. Some couldn't due to plot reasons and others are just unwittingly comic. There is still some pizza left and they did keep Orenji in and all the Spinzaku sequences are also still there. But the percentage is really not very representable for the TV show.)

Back