UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

So any plans for fullmetal alchemist? (03)
I think it would be cool to do a mini box set for the series which includes a mini art book and the movie conqueror of shamballa. Similar to the mini gurren lagann boxset and Escaflowne set (the website exclusive set)
They've already done an ultimate and collectors edition of FMA so realistically would only be a standard amaray case edition left if they felt there was a market for it. Also I'm pretty sure they dont have the rights for Shamballa. Isn't that with Manga?

I still can't comprehend how awesome that Ultimate Edition of FMA was, that huge and heavy resin Gate is such an incredible piece for storing the series inside. So happy I splurged to import that one over here for my collection!

Last edited:
They've already done an ultimate and collectors edition of FMA so realistically would only be a standard amaray case edition left if they felt there was a market for it. Also I'm pretty sure they dont have the rights for Shamballa. Isn't that with Manga?
The license for Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa has reverted back to Aniplex. It was one of the Funimation sub-licenses that Manga had.

The license for Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa has reverted back to Aniplex. It was one of the Funimation sub-licenses that Manga had.
i thought Manga had their own license outside of Funi which is why after Brotherhood fell OOP for in the states and they released those $150 2 part sets and manga re-released the 10 disc set around the same time to what i assume is take advantage of the situation offering a cheaper boxset

i thought Manga had their own license outside of Funi which is why after Brotherhood fell OOP for in the states and they released those $150 2 part sets and manga re-released the 10 disc set around the same time to what i assume is take advantage of the situation offering a cheaper boxset
Manga has their own license just for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood the Movie: The Sacred Star of Milos.

Manga has their own license just for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood the Movie: The Sacred Star of Milos.

MVM had Fullmetal Alchemist which they released up to volume 7, until they lost the license to Revelation. Revelation released the rest of the single volume discs, then re-released them in four boxsets (these had the booklets which had the text interviews). They also released the Conqueror of Shamballa movie in collector's edition and single disc form. Subsequently Manga got the rights to release Shamballa on Blu-ray and re-release the DVD, while the series rights went to Anime Limited. Anime :Limited's artbook didn't have the text interviews, which bugs me some.

MVM had Fullmetal Alchemist which they released up to volume 7, until they lost the license to Revelation. Revelation released the rest of the single volume discs, then re-released them in four boxsets (these had the booklets which had the text interviews). They also released the Conqueror of Shamballa movie in collector's edition and single disc form. Subsequently Manga got the rights to release Shamballa on Blu-ray and re-release the DVD, while the series rights went to Anime Limited. Anime :Limited's artbook didn't have the text interviews, which bugs me some.
I still have those somewhere. Such nice sets, so glad I kept them.

They don’t have Re;Surrection they say that in the Q&A
— Will you be releasing the film Code Geass Lelouch of Re;surrection?
We know a lot of people are hoping for a release of this, but we do want to make to make it clear that at this precise moment we only hold the rights specifically to these three films (Initiation, Transgression and Glorification.) If the opportunity were to come about to release Lelouch of the Re;surrection it’s certainly something we’d explore.

For those reading this not aware, there is a recent new Code Geass film call Lelouch of the Re;surrection which is set after the events of the story of these films / the original TV series.

And using funds master so yeah why the 6 month wait

Someone has it for festivals. Hence it being in Wales, Scotland and elsewhere I think AL is gonna license it next week truth be told every other film in the welsh festival was an AL film.

Back