UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

So as per Twin star gets kicked again, now November 25th for both parts that should have been released ages ago, I wonder why I bother supporting AL, as they can't even be bothered to tell people that they delaying a title, even after I asked when I listened to their podcast, yes I know Andrew said Q4, but October is also in Q4, just finish the damn thing, I'll know not to wait next time and just import.

Everything that isn't Gundam is delayed and some gundam is. Origin 5 and 6 where and Turn A of course. But Geass, Ballroom all have undated follow up parts. Ballroom could be cos of the subs but I doubt as AL has never commented on the complaints.

believe it or not, I have noticed, just this seems a return to the date slip that everybody went rabid about, the titles you refer to have never had a date, so nothing really new, Twin star 3 had a date and now it has another just 4 weeks later and no mention at all. They still aren't learning and need to improve their PR.

Yeah they promoted Wing date change but not TSE's. They aren't even trying to make TSE sell they just seem to gave up but then why does it have those booklets if they wanted it rid of wouldn't they just gave it a SE like kiss him not me so why the books?

I'm not even really surprised it hasn't sold, if you release part one, with no sign of the second, only the real collectors will buy, then part two finally arrives 8 months later with a promise of a quick release of the last 2 volumes, with a redundant booklet, Here we are 6 months later and it gets bumped again. I can't blame people for not buying it.
It reminds me of Viz (US) during the early 2000's, with their start a series and then because it didn't sell, drop it like a stone, Hikaru no go, Full moon and monster all fell foul of this stupidity and then nobody bought part one until the entire series was out, they broke the trust, AL are close to breaking what trust they have accrued, admittedly I should know better then to buy a series that had no part 2 release date, so lesson learned, I won't do it again.

I want a Q4 slate it’s nearly November I assume we will get a surprise MCM title but two days notice isn’t enough which is why I passed on Geass (kinda glad now as it’s got no 2-3 release)

I have a suspicion you were always passing on Geass and just waiting for a reason later on to fit your narrative.
3 Reasons I did it.
1. I hated the film I still it’s the second worst retelling I’ve seen after Hi evo 1
2. I hated the CE strategy it didn’t make sense asit was pricing people out of the new film as they are required it will be £60 at least, the fact FUNi didn’t follow raises alarm bells to me about that plan,
3. It was rushed no knowledge so was forced into making decision and usually anime wise the snap releases I pass on.
I will buy them now only if AL has the new film because I know the sets will match then but they probably do as it’s getting premiere in Wales and stuff so they probably do but that’s next year.

Safe to say it has been a difficult year for AL.
Hopefully with more staff under their wing we will see more improvements next year.
I also agree with Twin Star Exorcists. Should have just pumped out the remaining volumes without any booklets for a cheaper price.

So any plans for fullmetal alchemist? (03)
I think it would be cool to do a mini box set for the series which includes a mini art book and the movie conqueror of shamballa. Similar to the mini gurren lagann boxset and Escaflowne set (the website exclusive set)

Back