UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I'm waiting for Season 2 as well - Although the UK Season 1 CE was a double dip for me, I do have the two Sentai PE box sets - but I want to complete the UK series too. I was able to get the poster with the Season 1 CE, and have it framed. Very nice!

Incoming rant:

At this point, I'm starting to get more and more frustrated with Anime Limited throughout this past year. Sure they went through some bad stuff with their Christmas sale being a mess and them losing a bunch of Funimation titles (no offense to the AL team but they handled the Funimation titles pretty badly), but now it's just starting to feel like something feels rather off-putting.

I would love to have consistency with Ajin: Demi-Human and March comes in like a Lion but I just think those won't come over now. Like there's pretty much no guarantee that their second halves will come over. This is reminding me of the days where Manga would just outright cancel a Blu-ray version just because the sales were bad even though it only just got released (Casshern Sins, Xam'd Lost Memories).

Gundam has been the only good thing this year so far but again they are still behind because of the French market (and ironically despite Zeta Gundam's reasoning for its delay was to share the French author, the newer Gundam sets are Nozomi masters which contradicts with the previous events).

I've been supportive of Anime Ltd since I first picked up the 2013 Perfect Blue release but now I'm not sure. We'll see how their fourth-quarter slate goes first.

On a different but somewhat related note: MIRAI was a very nice box set, but those on-disc extras not being included still bugs me when a majority of every other territory has them (France, Italy, Australia, United States, South Korea, Taiwan).

Incoming rant:

At this point, I'm starting to get more and more frustrated with Anime Limited throughout this past year. Sure they went through some bad stuff with their Christmas sale being a mess and them losing a bunch of Funimation titles (no offense to the AL team but they handled the Funimation titles pretty badly), but now it's just starting to feel like something feels rather off-putting.

I would love to have consistency with Ajin: Demi-Human and March comes in like a Lion but I just think those won't come over now. Like there's pretty much no guarantee that their second halves will come over. This is reminding me of the days where Manga would just outright cancel a Blu-ray version just because the sales were bad even though it only just got released (Casshern Sins, Xam'd Lost Memories).

Gundam has been the only good thing this year so far but again they are still behind because of the French market (and ironically despite Zeta Gundam's reasoning for its delay was to share the French author, the newer Gundam sets are Nozomi masters which contradicts with the previous events).

I've been supportive of Anime Ltd since I first picked up the 2013 Perfect Blue release but now I'm not sure. We'll see how their fourth-quarter slate goes first.

On a different but somewhat related note: MIRAI was a very nice box set, but those on-disc extras not being included still bugs me when a majority of every other territory has them (France, Italy, Australia, United States, South Korea, Taiwan).

i think the main problem AL have is that anime rights are getting sucked up by the same people for english speaking markets and they're already buddy buddy with other UK companies, Funi is now with Manga, MVM usually gets a lot of the Sentai and Aniplex releases

Amazon, Crunchyroll and Netflix just don't seem interested at all at allowing us blu-ray releases with their anime titles much which leaves AL with not many options and as dumb as it sounds, i'd rather spend the £15-25 on a blu-ray title to watch than buy a monthly subscription of their streaming services because lets face it not having to deal with Netflix subtitles would be worth the cost alone

i think the main problem AL have is that anime rights are getting sucked up by the same people for english speaking markets and they're already buddy buddy with other UK companies, Funi is now with Manga, MVM usually gets a lot of the Sentai and Aniplex releases

Amazon, Crunchyroll and Netflix just don't seem interested at all at allowing us blu-ray releases with their anime titles much which leaves AL with not many options and as dumb as it sounds, i'd rather spend the £15-25 on a blu-ray title to watch than buy a monthly subscription of their streaming services because lets face it not having to deal with Netflix subtitles would be worth the cost alone
I have no problems with Anime Limited going after the unique cases (those being unreleased/unsimulcasted titles, Amazon Prime or Netflix exclusive titles). I just wish that they handled their already existing catalogue titles a lot faster, but apparently their reasoning is lack of materials given to them.

Crunchyroll I suspect will remain with Anime Limited so chances are that Konosuba and The Rising of the Shield Hero will stick with them (as both were not dubbed by Funimation) while others such as Sarazanmai will go to Manga if they want it.

What’s funny is AL buddies with AOA at points, FUNi as he said, tried Netflix where is VE, Kakegurui, B and gave zero shits about Ballroom and it shows it’s bad subtitles just transferring Amazons with zero changes is wow so lazy. It confuses me why release a sub only set and not give any cares to the subs also no on disc extras not even the OP is a joke, I love love Ballroom but the release breaks my heart. AL could have been on top and they were two years ago I do wonder Why FUNi left them and the just cancelling new releases they released in a December with no warning is incredibly bad maybe it because of the merger but now that’s public no news from anyone why they vanished. But they never tried to partner with sentai and that’s why manga and then MVM did.

I have no problems with Anime Limited going after the unique cases (those being unreleased/unsimulcasted titles, Amazon Prime or Netflix exclusive titles). I just wish that they handled their already existing catalogue titles a lot faster, but apparently their reasoning is lack of materials given to them.

Crunchyroll I suspect will remain with Anime Limited so chances are that Konosuba and The Rising of the Shield Hero will stick with them (as both were not dubbed by Funimation) while others such as Sarazanmai will go to Manga if they want it.
Free, KyoAni biggest fully owned show is getting ignored in the UK and has for 3 years even AL didn't get it so Sarazamai is NEVER coming here as it didnt stream well it ranked awfully every week. KonoSuba is AL we known that for 3 years. Shield Hero is off getting released because undeniably was the biggest show so far. I don't think CR will partner with AL, I just cant see it happening. And do we all growing its catalogue when "Q2" titles aren't even dated yet.

I so look forward to AL's CE releases with my beloved chipboard and digipaks. Their CE sets are what got me started with importing from the UK, and I want more of them! Sucks though when you only get a part of a series on Blu-ray, and then the rest is never released - so Ajin may very well fall into that category.

Maybe AL need to standout for more than that. Id much rather get a discotek set which is just a case and the discs and the slipcover but the discs are great than ALs Ballroom which is an Okay CE it has a booklet and digipack and a poster but the discs are average.

I think one of AL's biggest problems is the fact they do CEs for pretty much everything even shows, such as kokkoku, that don't need it which holds up other titles needlessly long.

If AL doesn't release any CE's, then I would probably stop importing - I can get crap standard releases domestically here in the US. I try to avoid buying any SE's because I dislike both boring Blu-ray cases and o-card slips.

If AL doesn't release any CE's, then I would probably stop importing - I can get crap standard releases domestically here in the US. I try to avoid buying any SE's because I dislike both boring Blu-ray cases and o-card slips.
Oh wow I’m totally different...I would rather buy standard editions tbh no trouble or.meither if boxes got damaged etc and it would do my head in constant damage corners etc

This is why they currently can’t win...
But they really need to stop padding the CEs out with posters if they can’t fill a CE then imo I’d rather the show out than oh padded with a poster to “add value”

I wish they'd put more focus on the stuff they licensed years ago like Dragons Dentist and Plastic Memories, It shouldn't take this long.

I wonder when we will hear about AL's Q4? After Gundam Bandit Flower comes out that's kind of it from me for this year. They are sitting on a number of non gundam liscenses I would buy. Such as Prisma Illya, Black Butler, Lupin III which all seem to have been abandoned.

Prisma Illya was only S1, Black Butler was only S3 and Lupin was both seasons. (So only 4 and 5).
FMP IV I do wonder where it is as its been out in US since March or April.

I doubt Prisma Illya Season 2 onwards would get a release. If I'm correct, AL didn't want to risk this one due to potential BBFC cuts required.

In some ways, it makes me wonder why they bothered with Season 1 in the first place.

Back