UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I think why people are annoyed by this is because did TSE need these “booklets” it’s kinda a show people will just be happy with the BDs so a delay for a booklet not many people want I can see why people are annoyed

Are we sure it's cos of the booklets though? Could it not be the sudden summer of Gundam showing up and taking up release slots and TSE not exactly being the jewel in their catalogue crown?

Summer of Gundam strikes me as a long planned course correction. I opined a while back that a strategy that would make sense would be to get a list of Gundam titles ready to go and only announce them then. There's also the fact that all their online presence currently carries Gundam 40th branding and at AX Sunrise just did a panel talking about how much they're investing pushing Gundam globally. So I wouldn't be surprised if Sunrise has in some way said "You've dragged your heels. We expect you to pull something off for the anniversary year or else."

Well as all the titles are due to Q4 that really is NOT summer. And making fans of Gundam which are niche have to spend £150+ in the same quarter as Christmas seems unwise. And they are still miles behind Nozomi skipped a lot of there stuff it’s nowhere near a course correction it’s a step of improvement and that’s only if they do meet it I feel 00 and Endless waltz will be next year.
Also you can just say turn a? To raise doubts about this whole plan.

Summer of Gundam strikes me as a long planned course correction. I opined a while back that a strategy that would make sense would be to get a list of Gundam titles ready to go and only announce them then. There's also the fact that all their online presence currently carries Gundam 40th branding and at AX Sunrise just did a panel talking about how much they're investing pushing Gundam globally. So I wouldn't be surprised if Sunrise has in some way said "You've dragged your heels. We expect you to pull something off for the anniversary year or else."

A bit melodramatic I think. I reckon if Sunrise did approach them over the 40th anniversary it would likely have been last year and with a request to push more titles out during a certain period. This stuff takes time after all.

So at the AX panel, Fukui (writer of Unicorn and Narrative) declared himself the Abrams to Tomino's Lucas and said Gundam does well in US because fans there are "smart and clever".

Wow...I mean...wow.

So at the AX panel, Fukui (writer of Unicorn and Narrative) declared himself the Abrams to Tomino's Lucas and said Gundam does well in US because fans there are "smart and clever".

Wow...I mean...wow.
Flattering fans is pretty par for the course, as for his other comments I guess what anyone takes from that is going to depend very much on their opinions of Lucas and Abrams - I’d say he’s doing himself a bit of a disservice there personally.

He talked about how he's heavily involved with the franchise's global future...before painting Zeon as oppressed freedom fighters.

Do we have an SLA thread at all?

If no, anyone wanna raise their hands and tell me who's going to Edinburgh and where you're staying if not local? I'm thinking a hotel as my lot still haven't decided if we doing an apartment share again or not and I hate the unknown, specially as I'm token female so would want my own room over a twin share haha.

I couldn't find the AL stall anywhere last Manchester MCM so I hope to god it's easier to find this one :(

Do we have an SLA thread at all?

If no, anyone wanna raise their hands and tell me who's going to Edinburgh and where you're staying if not local? I'm thinking a hotel as my lot still haven't decided if we doing an apartment share again or not and I hate the unknown, specially as I'm token female so would want my own room over a twin share haha.

I couldn't find the AL stall anywhere last Manchester MCM so I hope to god it's easier to find this one :(
I’m going for the whole week of Edinburgh, staying at the Premier Inn with a friend.

I think that's the one I'm looking at booking! Oooooh very interesting hehe *

strokes chin

I'd love to meet some people from here. It's so odd thinking I could of sat next to/been near some from here last year. As there isn't a very high female ratio there either so I'm easy to spot lol. Love SLA cause its the only time the female toilets aren't queuing all the way outside like at Cons and everywhere else haha

I'll be going to SLA Edinburgh! I'm staying at the Piries Hotel.

oooooh! how far away is this hotel from the venue please? - been trying to research wher ei can feesibly travel to/from on foot on my tod as id just be meeting people there.

we defo have to try and all meet, those interested anyway. share what screenings etc.

after having that abysmal seating for zombie girl i am now always seen back row or second from the back now as i queue well early haha,

Back