UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I've not read the manga but I think I've heard that outright changes to some context, namely the character from the last few episodes, and some other stuff I don't know much about, makes it not something like an adaption but yet another timeline.

a confession of love from that character has been changed to "Like" which doesn't really change much but to make it a little clearer that the confession of love is platonic and extends to mankind, but the thing I've heard about the manga is that this becomes a romantic thing with shinji, I haven't heard of that being a change just to please some people, but piled onto other changes that suggest a timeline

it's been the original run, 2 recap "films" and a film that "replaces" the end of the original run and 4 new films now that no one can be sure are sequels or reboots due to something with timelines

And people say FATE is hard to follow :p

Yes. The first film 1.11 is a reboot of the franchise, and 2.22 and 3.33 are sequels to that. The first film is essentially a remake of the first few episodes but it goes in its own direction after that.

So is it a better watch than the series and which one are people hoping to get a release? But as the captain said there are other films on Netflix as well like Death(true) and End of Evangelion which I guess is the final movie :p

So is it a better watch than the series and which one are people hoping to get a release? But as the captain said there are other films on Netflix as well like Death(true) and End of Evangelion which I guess is the final movie :p
I'd say you might have to look for everything to get the whole story, but it's difficult to find (until the rebuilds are done at least) and the re - dub and End is easily available on netflix, so watch those to understand EVA hype, most people into EVA likely did that first

Maybe an odd question, but who actually owns the rights to the sub-track for Anime?

Would it be the studio? (like Khara)
Would it be (What I consider) the main licenser? (like Sentai Filmworks)
Would it be the sub licenser (Lets use MVM as an example)
or would it be whoever actually made the subtitles

Maybe an odd question, but who actually owns the rights to the sub-track for Anime?

Would it be the studio?
Would it be (What I consider) the main licenser?
Would it be the sub licenser?
Depends.
Usually the distributor (what you call the sub-licensor). It's not really regarded by the right owner (what you call the studio but most studio don't sell their animes) unlike an eventual dub.

To change the subject somewhat what are peoples thoughts on Gun Gale Online? I've seen a lot of people know here have bought it.

I havent watched any main series SAO. Is it possible to watch this one and follow it without watching the main series?

To change the subject somewhat what are peoples thoughts on Gun Gale Online? I've seen a lot of people know here have bought it.

I havent watched any main series SAO. Is it possible to watch this one and follow it without watching the main series?
Yeah. It’s standalone, they just mention the events of the original series.

Would it be the studio? (like Khara)
Would it be (What I consider) the main licenser? (like Sentai Filmworks)
Would it be the sub licenser (Lets use MVM as an example)
I was under the impression that any additional materials (like a dub or a subtitle track) created by an overseas distributor (such as Sentai Filmworks) become the property of the rights holder (e.g. Khara) when the period of the licensing agreement expires. These are then included in the package if another overseas distributor licences that title at a later point in time.

SAO Alternative GGO is a standalone spin-off written by a different author to SAO, which means its actually decent.

I won’t be judging the rebuilds till the final one is out because it could make or break them as rn I’m not hot on them at all. The minor changes annoy me and the big divergence resulted in probably the worst film.

Back