UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Depend on who is doing the authoring.
The last UK authored discs have wrong Brightness/Gamma (color level).
The French authored disc don't have that problem but sometime have pretty low bitrate.
If it's Media OCD (like Origin I-IV) then it will be perfect.

When you say "last UK authored discs" and are referring to Thunderbolt, I thought that was a Madman authored disc (unless you were referring to AL's UK authored releases in general). I also thought that Origin I - IV was a French author.

Windowboxed CCA. Hurray... :(

I'm still picking it up solely for the packaging, but I will probably also buy the upcoming Japanese re-issue with English subs.

When you say "last UK authored discs" and are referring to Thunderbolt, I thought that was a Madman authored disc. I also thought that Origin I - IV was a French author.
Thunderbolt is the US disc with region set to ABC, probably authored by Madman.

Origin I - IV was done by MediaOCD. They're credited in the menu.

When you say "last UK authored discs" and are referring to Thunderbolt, I thought that was a Madman authored disc (unless you were referring to AL's UK authored releases in general). I also thought that Origin I - IV was a French author.

No, I'm refering to others series like Amachu, the Geass movies, etc. all of them have wrong color level, and all of them have been authored by a UK authoring house.

Thunderbolt is the US disc with region set to ABC, probably authored by Madman.

Origin I - IV was done by MediaOCD. They're credited in the menu.

That explains Thunderbolt's authoring. Even though MediaOCD authored Origin I - IV, weren't the discs shared with @Anime France? And if so, weren't the subtitles locked during playback, unlike most other MediaOCD authored AL releases (I think I listed it as locked in my UK Locked Subtitles thread)?

No, I'm refering to others series like Amachu, the Geass movies, etc. all of them have wrong color level, and all of them have been authored by a UK authoring house.

Hence why I said "unless you were referring to AL's UK authored releases in general", but I should've been specific by adding the word "recent". My apologies, and I hope I wasn't being rude.

That explains Thunderbolt's authoring. Even though MediaOCD authored Origin I - IV, weren't the discs shared with @Anime France? And if so, weren't the subtitles locked during playback, unlike most other MediaOCD authored AL releases (I think I listed it as locked in my UK Locked Subtitles thread)?
Origin subtitles are locked. French release used the same discs.

i'm watching the tv version of Origin at the minute, are any of these newly announced releases worth getting for after the series finishes or are they too far ahead of it?

Nice some SEs. I'm hoping to see more SE Gundam releases. I know I gotta be patient with that though. Takes long enough for the CE's to be released haha.

As per usual I have immediately pre-ordered the new Gundam release. Looking forward to Wing and 00 at the end of the year / start of next year as well (plus also weirdly looking forward to getting the little metal keychain with my CCA order...)

Whoop, more Gundam finally!!!!

To be honest I can see 00 being delayed until next year and to be honest that would probably be the best strategy at this point. They've left it too late in the year to drop SEVEN Gundam box sets. Even one a month starting now would give you: hypothetically

July - Char's Counterattack
August - Bandit Flower
September - Wing (part 1)
October - Wing (part 2) + Endless Waltz
November - 00 (part 1)
December - 00 (part 2)

Which looks pretty solid but consider if anything you release Oct, Nov, Dec is competing against everything else coming out at that time (and I mean movies, games, and anime) plus other releases that have already come out throughout the year that'll most likely be on sale. No offense to AL but MVM & Manga have straight killed it this year with some great licences & releases. I've been waiting YEARS for AL to put their foot down and get these releases out the door but they'll have to fight for my money with anything they release in Q4 😭

Tl;dr maybe delaying 00 until Q1 2020 is, from a business stand point, the best idea...

That is purely my opinion though 😂

i'm watching the tv version of Origin at the minute, are any of these newly announced releases worth getting for after the series finishes or are they too far ahead of it?

Are you talking about chronology? The Origin covers roughly a decade leading up to the original series which occurs in UC 0079. However it's worth noting The Origin is technically an adaptation of an alternate continuity manga adaptation which Sunrise have awkwardly attempted to force into the animated canon. The movie trilogy is a retelling of the original 0079 series which retcons a few things which later series take as canon generally.

Zeta and ZZ occur just over 7 years later in UC 0087/88. Char's Counterattack is set in 0093. Heavily recommended you've watched the UC series before it. A lot of the movie references the events of them.
To be honest I can see 00 being delayed until next year and to be honest that would probably be the best strategy at this point.

9Wzxv4X.gif

Windowboxed CCA. Hurray...
I was happy, now I’m concerned. Wat. Please do elaborate, I can’t find a review that mentions this. Barring the answer revealing something really horrendous, will probably order CCA - Did take an extra large gulp of my coffee when I read it was £34.99 RRP, but for £19.99 pre-order, sure.

Now what I want, what I really really want is V Gundam. I mean my ideal is the entire UC in nice matching sets on my shelf, but the longer series’ would be my priority and we’re already so close - V and Unicorn, please make it happen AL. If you give us those two, I’ll even buy Wing.

Sunrise intentionally provided a windowboxed master to Nozomi.
The Fandom Post page that twit links to returns a 404, so I’m still a bit in the dark about what and how major the issue itself is. That’s a very disappointing non-answer to the question from Nozomi though, “Yeah, so we told Sunrise there was an issue and they said ‘we know’ and we did nothing. Enjoy.” is quite disheartening.

The Fandom Post page that twit links to returns a 404, so I’m still a bit in the dark about what and how major the issue itself is. That’s a very disappointing non-answer to the question from Nozomi though, “Yeah, so we told Sunrise there was an issue and they said ‘we know’ and we did nothing. Enjoy.” is quite disheartening.

You can kinda "fix" it by zooming in, but BD players usually zoom in a bit too much.

You can kinda "fix" it by zooming in, but BD players usually zoom in a bit too much.
How utterly pointless. I sometimes get the impression from replies like Nozomi’s above that the relationship between Japanese companies and foreign licence holders is not unlike the relationship between Kim Jong Un and his subordinates.

“Yeah, it doesn’t make any sense but just do as they say. And for God’s sake don’t ask any questions.”

Back