UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I've had some problems here and there with couriers, but I don't use them often enough to get a gage on which ones are the best. I can say my Gundam NT set was delivered yesterday by UPS, so I got lucky this time, by the sounds of it!

Sometimes I have stuff delivered to work which can save a fair bit of hassle. Obviously requires your place of work to allow personal deliveries to be sent but can be quite handy.

They didn't really care. Half the problem with couriers- they have the power at end of the day and know it.

But you are protected under the consumer protection act which I know covers courier services and also those remarks from the driver were basically harassment.

We had a similar issue at work with a courier service driver regularly blocking our car park while he made his deliveries and actually prevented our workers from being able to go out to clients. The driver didn't care when he was confronted and was very aggressive as well. but now I can say with certainty that they got the bollocking of the century and keep well clear of us.

I am no expert on this and will never claim to be but if it happens again just remember you have more power than you think mate.

I've had some problems here and there with couriers, but I don't use them often enough to get a gage on which ones are the best. I can say my Gundam NT set was delivered yesterday by UPS, so I got lucky this time, by the sounds of it!

It depends on where you live honestly. As I discovered the reality of it is each courier service are either the absolute best or absolute worse depending on the drivers that cover your area.

It depends on where you live honestly. As I discovered the reality of it is each courier service are either the absolute best or absolute worse depending on the drivers that cover your area.
That's the bottom line. Case in point, there was a local Hermes driver here a few years ago who got busted for scanning her daily route as all delivered, going through it that night, keeping the valuable stuff and anything she didn't want got delivered to its recipient the next day.

That's very true, in our old house the Hermes lady went into my garden and cut down and stole all my rhubarb from the garden after she dropped my parcel off. I also had a ton of stuff go missing. Here I have no issues with Hermes but UPS are a nightmare.

That's very true, in our old house the Hermes lady went into my garden and cut down and stole all my rhubarb from the garden after she dropped my parcel off. I also had a ton of stuff go missing. Here I have no issues with Hermes but UPS are a nightmare.
What kind of person would steal rhubarb?
I think that's saying more about that woman than the company... though the company policy does seem to be set by Olympic shot put

What kind of person would steal rhubarb?

Yeah, that sucks - I love rhubarb sauce, my mom makes it for me every year. She used to have rhubarb growing in her back yard for years, but now I have to buy it at the country store near me, and it's only available there for about 2 weeks. It takes about $10 of Rhubarb to make a large serving bowl of sauce, good for about 8 servings. My mom just made it for me this year about a month ago.

Yeah, that sucks - I love rhubarb sauce, my mom makes it for me every year. She used to have rhubarb growing in her back yard for years, but now I have to buy it at the country store near me, and it's only available there for about 2 weeks. It takes about $10 of Rhubarb to make a large serving bowl of sauce, good for about 8 servings. My mom just made it for me this year about a month ago.
Ouch. My local Aldi sells bundles for less than €1 when it is in season.

a79e97a2a60b6ac3f766b11ff39ed381.gif

What ever happened to ALs weekly newswire?
To be honest, I wrote the Newswires as it was a good way to be able to give updates and such, but since I started those over 4 years ago (... oh god, it's really been that long!) a lot has changed, primarily in terms of how we give information on a weekly basis. So this is why things have shifted more towards when there is news on a particular product or something else, we'll talk about it there and then. There are so many moving parts on a daily basis with a multitude of things that it's far easier - and let's be honest, less aggravating for not only us but ultimately you guys as well - if we can post about [insert product here] and it be concrete information that's pretty much set in stone unless something comes up, which no matter how hard we try is always a possibility.

So TL;DR, they're not dead, but as a concept it's not practical for how much there is going on with us now. But if circumstances change and it warrants having them again, I'll do my best to make that thing.

Hope that helps.

They used to have a podcast too!
I know I say it time and again, but I really want to bring this back on a regular basis. But time and availability of us (myself included) at HQ is chocker block pretty much all the time. I've got some ideas got some ideas for how I potentially can get around that, but unless you guys just it want it to be me talking on my own - which I can't imagine anyone wanting to hear, let alone myself - it might be a bit of time before I can get this off the ground again.

Back