UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Regarding my query before deleting due to correcting myself and then being corrected, is SAO Alternative recommended? I missed out on it when it was airing but heard good things about it.
Yes, SAO A: Gun Gale Online was one of the biggest surprises of the Spring 2018 season. The anime is split into two arcs of sorts and both were really fun to watch when they aired. The main character for SAO A is one of my favorites of the SAO universe.
JeF8v5sl.png

Checklist update #3 for Q2 2019 (April, May & June 2019), because I love reminding folks about things.

Revealed and scheduled for Q2:
  • Castlevania - Season 1
  • KOKKOKU: Moment By Moment
  • Lupin the Third Part IV - English Dubbed/Italian Broadcast/Toonami Broadcast Version
  • Maquia: When The Promised Flower Blooms
  • Perfect Blue - Ultimate Edition
  • Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- - Part 2
  • Silver Spoon - Season 1
  • Twin Star Exorcists - Part 2
  • Twin Star Exorcists - Part 3
  • Welcome to the Ballroom - Part 1
Revealed and scheduled for Q3:
  • Silver Spoon - Season 2
  • Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online - Part 1
  • Twin Star Exorcists - Part 4
A hybrid of the two:
  • Mirai
Mentioned in the blog post:
  • B: The Beginning - Season 1
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Movie 2: Transgression
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Movie 3: Glorification
  • Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
  • Plastic Memories
  • Tokyo Ghoul:re - Part 1

Last edited:
So if they have to do 6 episodes a disc then AL's release of Sword Art online Alicization is gonna be quite long and expensive i can imagine

So if they have to do 6 episodes a disc then AL's release of Sword Art online Alicization is gonna be quite long and expensive i can imagine
Heh, well it depends on how Aniplex wants to lay out their release pattern. Given that Alicization is 48-50 episodes long, I reckon Aniplex will probably go more towards the Fate style model (i.e. 12 episode box sets) in contrast to Seasons 1 & 2.

If that is the case, then Anime Ltd can follow suit however the price point will likely lean towards an SRP of £70-90 with no standard edition set, assuming Aniplex drops DVD support for Alicization.

Heh, well it depends on how Aniplex wants to lay out their release pattern. Given that Alicization is 48-50 episodes long, I reckon Aniplex will probably go more towards the Fate style model (i.e. 12 episode box sets) in contrast to Seasons 1 & 2.

If that is the case, then Anime Ltd can follow suit however the price point will likely lean towards an SRP of £70-90 with no standard edition set, assuming Aniplex drops DVD support for Alicization.
The sets in Japan are two episodes it’s gonna be 6 ep sets no doubt

The sets in Japan are two episodes it’s gonna be 6 ep sets no doubt
If there's enough physical content for each 6 ep set and they want to get it out asap then sure, but I'm not convinced they'll sell. Durarara!!x2 was a special case because each 2 sets were focused on an entire season.

The first Alicization box from Dynit has 12 episodes. Dynit wasn't allowed to release SAOAGGO in a single box per the licensing agreement.

Regarding my query before deleting due to correcting myself and then being corrected, is SAO Alternative recommended? I missed out on it when it was airing but heard good things about it.
Still there on Crunchyroll! The first episode is sort of stand alone before the rest of the season is split in 2 some before the first episode and the rest after.

I watched first two episodes and I do kinda hate when the first episode is set in the middle. As it makes a lot more sense now after the second (and I guess third)

Now available to pre-order on Amazon.

KOKKOKU: Complete Series (Collector's Edition) Blu-ray
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-: Part 2 (Collector's Edition) Blu-ray
Silver Spoon: Complete Season 1 (Collector's Edition) Blu-ray
Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online: Part 1 (Collector's Edition) Blu-ray
Twin Star Exorcists: Part 3 (with Collector's Edition Booklet) Blu-ray
Twin Star Exorcists: Part 4 (with Collector's Edition Booklet) Blu-ray
Welcome to the Ballroom: Part 1 (Collector's Edition) Blu-ray

(Note: All of the above links are Amazon affiliated)

In addition, Mirai has been pushed back to 1st July 2019.

Y'know, I somehow feel aggrieved that after Maquia was delayed for 2-3months post-Yank release and I decided to import Kokkoku as well assuming that'd be released over here on the next of never, out of nowhere it is listed with a nice CE and a release date that's around the bender. Even when AL don't screw up, I'm still left irritated. 'Tis saddening. My friend mentioned it was getting AL-ed and I just auto-assumed I could be dead before it makes it out, being an obscure series 'n all.

...oh well, least I have my Re:Zero art box to look forward to. I laugh at those foolish enough not to have ordered before it went OOP, for Rem is the best girl and Subaru's pain is comforting.

Back