UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

This is absolute daylight robbery. The LE that AL are flipping for £90 can be had on Amazon JP for less than £70, so that price is a total joke. Anyone who actually just wants the LE they're selling would be stupid to go through AL. They're literally just taking advantage of people's ignorance about using international retailers.

Yikes that price. No thank you. I didn't actually get a chance to watch the movie but I aint gonna dip that deep in. At least I got confirmation that S2 is in the works though. I'll be looking forward to that at least.

So It's the movie... that I've already pre-ordered on Amazon... for £67.90 (at current exchange rate).

£30 extra is not worth it for some posters and photos (and probably extra delivery time).

Cheaper, plus guaranteed 2-day delivery thanks to DHL... I know who I'd advise to purchase this from.

This is absolute daylight robbery. The LE that AL are flipping for £90 can be had on Amazon JP for less than £70, so that price is a total joke. Anyone who actually just wants the LE they're selling would be stupid to go through AL. They're literally just taking advantage of people's ignorance about using international retailers.
Or, they're importing in bulk, and clearing them, which costs, and then shipping them to us in sturdier packaging than Amazon Japan will use.

So It's the movie... that I've already pre-ordered on Amazon... for £67.90 (at current exchange rate).

£30 extra is not worth it for some posters and photos (and probably extra delivery time).

Cheaper, plus guaranteed 2-day delivery thanks to DHL... I know who I'd advise to purchase this from.

it's probably around £71 before VAT for AL, is the £67.90 including customs charges and shipping?

It's not the same, it's the more expensive version on Amazon Japan that includes the cd. This version costs about ¥13,000(~£90) including shipping and vat. So it is an extra £10 for the photos and the posters.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B07QKTFQ3G/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=AN1VRQENFRJN5&psc=1

The £99.99 one is the store bonuses from the Bandai store. its 9800 yen + tax. If you include forwarding fees, shipping and then tax. Then the price is about right.

A post slightly directed at @Jeremy Graves and @anime_andrew

As we're talking about Love Live...

For Season 2 I still think we need something special for Yoshiko considering shes our countries character. I dont know how much acrylic stands are? but they would fit along with the release easily so shouldn't cost more to ship out to customers, even if its a Preorder Bonus?

Maybe something like a Limited edition Little Demon Yoshiko?

I know there is already UK Artwork for her, but the maid outfit doesn't really /fit/ that character

The £99.99 one is the store bonuses from the Bandai store. its 9800 yen + tax. If you include forwarding fees, shipping and then tax. Then the price is about right.

Yeah you're right. Taking shipping into account AL's is probably cheaper as that's around £30 there.

Still, not really interested in the Bandai Premium bonuses so probably won't be switching my order.

I've had bubble mailers twice in my 3 anime orders that didn't have a magazine ordered with them

Well, my last anime LE order from Amazon JP shipped in a bubble mailer even with the large magazine added, but fortunately it only had a small ding on the one corner of the box - the magazine still protected it somewhat because they had rubber-banded the LE box to the magazine so it wouldn't move around, at least.

Last edited:
Concerning Yoshiko- I notice the movie trailers have her singled out as very excited about Italy.

You'd almost think Sunrise were getting cold feet about having her connected to the UK...

Back