UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Ordered a copy with the discount code. For me the inclusion of the storyboards and soundtrack make it worth it.

Lots of people raging about the price, but if you're just after the film, this isn't for you. It would however be a shame if the remaster did not make it to a standard release.

I mean I understand the frustration with AL's high shipping costs, but at least you can actually order through them whereas we can't do the same for the US distributors.

I'm just saying.

Don't kill me.
There's also Dybex France (me getting the 2-artbook version of the Steins;Gate release was only possible by getting it used. And with close to 20€ shipping...)
Or those Animate limited or animation studio exclusive stuff. .___."

I shouldn't be using zavvi as im technically losing £30 because I don't have £60 spare at short notice.
Please don't kill me for the question, but I really don't get this; if you have no 60 to spare right now, but have an additional 30 to spare later, wouldn't it be far less costly to somehow borrow the 60 for the time being? I mean even by going into debt at short term disposable credit rates (I don't know how much that is in the UK, but in Germany it's something below 20% p.a. I think) is cheaper than the 50% you would be spending extra for about a month. I do understand, that not everbody gets this disposable credit enabled from their banks, but as soon as you offer the same rate to friends/family/colleagues/neighbours/etc., wouldn't that be incentitive enough for them to lend you that money, even if they'd be reluctant to do so just out of goodwill? Then to them it would be good investment (try getting this rate as interest on your savings from the bank). Or double even double that and you'd still be below the 50% loss.

Ordered a copy with the discount code. For me the inclusion of the storyboards and soundtrack make it worth it.

Lots of people raging about the price, but if you're just after the film, this isn't for you. It would however be a shame if the remaster did not make it to a standard release.
I've just done this myself payed for it though PayPal.

Yet in the US is a standard edition with the new disc that's the problem. Its not hard to get the new disc and its in stock rn for them we wait a month pay £90 if you don't have £60 rn and yeah.
The US release is first because it’s just the disc. AL probably had to wait on the physical extras to be approved.

Just wait until 6 months later when a standard edition of the disc comes out... if it doesn’t, then it’s even more crazy gouging. I get they have to make back money, but charging that much is going to limit the customers and money.

Well... saying that the UK community has it far worse for US stuff. We can't order through Funimation and Sentai Filmworks' stores even if they have super discounted sales. Plus Rightstuf's own sales aren't worth justifying when you have high postage and 20% import tax + handling fees included in the costs.

I mean I understand the frustration with AL's high shipping costs, but at least you can actually order through them whereas we can't do the same for the US distributors.

I'm just saying.

Don't kill me.
I won’t. :)

Yeah, you guys have it worse, but it’s annoying to see them offer it and charge many times more than their competitors (MVM’s AOL, Amazon). That’s why I brought it up. It’s a pain, really. Nobody has it perfect, and one has to go through many hoops and lots of money to get a satisfactory product shipped in good condition.

The US release is first because it’s just the disc. AL probably had to wait on the physical extras to be approved.

Just wait until 6 months later when a standard edition of the disc comes out... if it doesn’t, then it’s even more crazy gouging. I get they have to make back money, but charging that much is going to limit the customers and money.
That's not gouging but there will be with market place selling on like eBay with this release.

Anyway... I could buy this movie for discounted price with these cost, if I will have more time. Currently I have only until 24 of March... Why, Anime Ltd? Please, tell me.
giphy.gif

Money.

Btw, it's the same OST, which I have on vinyl? So only 30 min? Or with additional, vocals tracks?

But... Damn, I love this movie so much and artwork looks amazing. Still thinking about it, to be honest...

Currently I have only "metal case" version and old Poland edition on DVD.

Then you’re mega screwed... (I can see why- why produce new discs when you already have a SE available- but it doesn’t make it any less annoying.)
I think the term is flipping when someone buys something new or old and resell it at a over inflated price which I think is likely with the ultimate edition which I think wrong it's just pure greed.

I won’t. :)

Yeah, you guys have it worse, but it’s annoying to see them offer it and charge many times more than their competitors (MVM’s AOL, Amazon). That’s why I brought it up. It’s a pain, really. Nobody has it perfect, and one has to go through many hoops and lots of money to get a satisfactory product shipped in good condition.
The other day I saw some amazon marketplace seller charging 50€ for foreign shipping. AL felt harmless against that. =X

Back